|Location||South West Shewa Zone - Wolisso Zuria, Goru, Seden Soddo and Ameya Wereda, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
2 Field Agents to support local farmers and women agro-entrepreneur groups
CEFA (European Committee for Training and Agriculture) is a Non-Government Organisation whose headquarter is in Bologna, Italy. CEFA works in North/East Africa and Latin America with international donors, mainly in the following activities: 1) Rural economy with production, transformation and commercialization of agricultural products; 2) Crafting products; 3) Basic infrastructures to guarantee water access, requalification and environment protection of the territory and the use of renewable energies; 4) Technical and Management training.
In Ethiopia CEFA is registered since April 2018.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Name of the project: Seeds of Future
The Seed of Future project is an integrated initiative that aims to contribute to the improvement of the production and intake of a nutrient rich diet by rural communities in the Oromia Region, through the adoption of a multi-sectoral approach (agricultural, social and health), work with a particular emphasis with women, children and other vulnerable groups, by creating and promoting a new social pact and strong alliances between producer associations and other institutions. This is done with the intent to activate a process of structural change, whereby agricultural practices are promoted among peasants and families, while taking into account the diversity of the production systems.
Location of the project
Oromia Region, South West Shewa Zone - Wolisso Zuria, Goru, Seden Soddo and Ameya Wereda.
ABOUT THE ROLE
CEFA is looking for 2 motivated field agents to support small scale farmers, women groups and local cooperatives in the development of new income and productive activities in the field of agro-food production and processing. The field agents will work in the Woreda or in the Wolisso Office, under the supervision of the Project agronomist coordinator
Role and Responsibility:
All the following tasks will be carried out in collaboration and under the supervision and responsibility of the project coordinator and the agronomist supervisor.
- Coordination and close collaboration with the agronomist coordinator;
- Participation in periodic meetings with the project team;
- Assistance and technical support to women's cooperatives or groups;
- Production, monitoring and logistics of reinforcement plan for each women’s group, in collaboration with the supervisor;
- Supporting the cooperative groups with a daily proximity support, with constant monitoring of the progress of the AGRs and the learning of the concepts transmitted during the training sessions, with ready problem solving interventions and group motivation.
- Awareness creation for communities of women in rural entrepreneurship and support to women emancipation;
- Monitoring and logistics of trainings for beneficiaries;
- Monitoring and logistics of the workshops and seminars organized within the project, for the areas of competence;
- Collection of documentation and information (report, attendance list, photo, material, etc.);
- Writing activity reports;
- Manage relations with local stakeholders, in particular with the relevant authorities with the creation of AGRs and micro-credit institutions;
- Any other activity necessary for carrying out the project activities as indicated by the agronomist coordinator.
Location: Seden Soddo and Ameya with daily trip to the project sites
Employment type: 12 months with the possibility of extension
- Diploma in economics, agriculture, project management, business management, cooperative management or relevant sectors and / or at least 3 years of experience in field activities in development projects in the Agro-food / AGR sectors
- Fluency Oromiffa is mandatory; Good Communication in Amharic and other local language is preferable;
- Proven team work experience;
- Good knowledge of oral and written English;
- Excellent knowledge of the geographical context of reference;
- Good ability to use the Office package and the Internet;
- Preferably prior work experience with CEFA or one of the project partners;
- Experience with National or international NGOs is preferable;
- Motorbike driving technical skill and motorbike driving licence;
- Willing and ability to work with quality under pressure and in difficult contexts.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit the below listed documents not later than 09/09/2020
- Via the following email address: email@example.com;
Specify in the email Object: CEFA_vacancy_field agent2
- In sealed envelope at CEFA Onlus P.O. BOX 16035 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia;
- Via Hand Delivery, in sealed envelope, at CEFA office in Wolisso town, Kebele 02, in front of Hawariat Church. Efrem Amdisa's House or Adee, Bonsitu's House.
Please also don’t forget to specify the position and Location you are applying for.
We only receive applications submitted via the above mentioned addresses as follows:
CVs (not more than 3 pages)
Cover Letter (not more than 1 page)
Highest Education certificate (copy)
References of three previous employers
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
The Organization has the faculty to require additional documentation related to job previous experience and current employment position to the candidates.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.