|Location||Hawassa, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 12, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
To develop and implement monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning systems focused on data collection, analysis and reportingSCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty and Responsibilities
- Leads the implementation of M & E activities, data collection, management and reporting
- Closely works with the technical team of Soderberg and PVH to ensure activities implementation of planned activities
- Provides technical expertise & input for the design, development, implementation on the overall Soderberg and PVH M&E system
- Provides technical guidance to regional program team on the implementation of M and E through training and on-site support
- Undertakes regular visits to the field to support implementation of M & E activities
- Validates the entry, analysis and secured storage and update of M & E system based and off the system data/information
- Coordinates and guides timely program progress reporting and consolidate information in analytical narrative, tables, charts and formats
- Provides technical support and facilitation of regional program reviews by preparing relevant program data through report and other communication systems
- Ensures data quality standards
- Develop a system for intentional learning to generate knowledge, capture knowledge, disseminate and apply knowledge
- Ensure accountability mechanisms are in place and are properly implemented
- Manage computerized and paper based database to properly manage and secure data
- Documents and share M and E findings and learning with program staff and relevant stakeholders
- Adapt action based on learning
Qualification and experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in development related subjects preferable Economics, Business Management or Statistics with a minimum 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs
- Good knowledge of program cycle management and development.
- Skill & experience in designing M & E system with different sources of data for multiple indicators and dis-aggregation, etc.
- Knowledge of M & E methods, qualitative & quantitative data collection, processing and analysis
- Strong IT/Computer skills especially statistical data base management and analysis using SPSS, Ms Access, STATA, Excel, among others
- Knowledge of data base management
- Analytical and writing skills of data presentation and reporting
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written English skills
- Knowledge of the local language
- Working experiences with NGO is an advantage
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.