|Location||Adama, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 implementing programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihoods of disaster-affected populations through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
IRC is planning to implement European union funded project entitled “Leather Initiative for Sustainable Employment Creation (LISEC) in Ethiopia-Green jobs, Green tanneries. The overall objective of the action is to create greater economic and decent employment opportunities, especially for young men and women through the development of the social cohesion in Modjo leather city. LISEC’s intervention logic is to contribute to the reduction of irregular migration from Ethiopia by creating greater economic and decent employment opportunities for young men and women through the development of Modjo Leather. One of the sectors identified in the Ethiopian’s Growth and Transformation Plan II (GTP II) as having the potential to boost the growth of the economy. As such, this project proposes a new vision towards inclusive and sustainable industrial development that protects the environment and supports social inclusion. In order to achieve the main project goal, LISEC has been structured following a comprehensive approach with three main components aiming at: Strengthening social cohesion by supporting local economic and social development initiatives, especially for women and youth living in Modjo area; and enhancing industrial and labor relations in the MLC.
The project manager provides an overall leadership and coordination support for the planning, implementation of the project and staff management field level. In coordination with the Adama teams and consortium partners, he/she will provide coordination, technical and admin support to field staff for quality and timely implementation of the project. This position is based in Adama with frequent travel to Modjo, needs to work in close collaboration with government (municipality, EPA, private sector (tanneries/LLP sector) and CBO. S/he is expected to lead team at field level (project officers) to implement effectively the project at file level and will report to IRC Adama Senior Field Manager and technically to Economic Recovery and Development Coordinator and Community Wellbeing Initiative Coordinator based in Addis.
See the full JD here: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/10058?c=rescue
- BA/MA Degree in Economics, Rural Development, Project Management or other related development studies.
- 5 years of proven experience with the BSc Degree or 4 years of relevant experience for MSc degree.
- At least 1 year of Management experience. NGO experience is a plus.
- Proven experience project planning and management.
- Good command of English, Afaan Oromo, and Amharic languages
- Ability to use computer (basic Application system systems).
- Proven ability at multi-tasking, time management, and flexibility, particularly in a multi-cultural environment & knowledge and understanding of project cycle required
- Innovative and creative problem solver; extensive travel in a remote environment required
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Strong grant/ budget management and analytical skill
- Personal specification:
- Ability to work under pressure, long work hours, and high workload
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply on IRC Career portal ONLY.
Here is the link to APPLY:
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for and date of application.
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address and telephone number.
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.