|Location||Hawassa, Sidama, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Facility Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently would like to invites applicants for the position of: HA Coordinator(for Conflict Setting)
Length of Contract: Indefinite employment contract
Required Number: One (1)
HA Coordinator(for Conflict Setting) is responsible for ensuring that PIN operations are conducted in line with humanitarian and PIN standards for delivering the aid in conflict zones. This encompasses analysis of the environment, stakeholders and risks, negotiations with key actors, development of related protocols, safety planning and extensive training of PIN staff.
HA Coordinator(for Conflict Setting) specific tasks are:
- Access, Networking and Liaison
- Is in charge of overseeing key access aspects as liaison system with key stakeholders and functional system of official movement permissions
- Ensure close contact established with the local communities by our staff and works on community acceptance for our presence in different locations.
- Creates wide network of contacts among external actors to allow independent verification of situation and quick troubleshooting in case of access issues
- Actively participates in information exchange with partners, peer NGO, NGO coordination networks and UN, as per the authority given by Country Director.
- Context Understanding Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitors changes in context across the country, issues early warning to Country Director, plans for and executes mitigations and contingencies
- Provides regular, concise and clear verbal and written updates to Country Director and HQ
- Safety Management and Coordination
- Ensures risk assessment for all new projects and locations is conducted accurately and timely and as a result suggests and implements key mitigations and strategies to reduce potential risks
- Evaluates, develops, reviews and updates operational procedures and contingency plans on a regular basis, in compliance with PIN global and local requirements
- Maintains key systems, tools and documentation including risk analysis, context analysis, incidents overview, stakeholder analysis and safety management plan
- Incident Management
- Responds and follows up incidents as per authority given by Country Director
- Supports Country Director with incident response, reporting and post-incident action and follow-up
- Monitors and maintains overall system of incident reporting
- Standard operating procedures
- Ensure all access and safety policies, procedures and SOPs are up to date with the changing situations, a timely communication of the same to staff in a timely manner.
- Leads access planning and organizing for field missions, particularly for humanitarian projects in insecure zones
- Maintains internal communication scheme to allow quick dissemination of flash alerts to all required staff members.
- Is in charge of maintaining reliable system of contingency planning, including procedures for hibernation, relocation and evacuation
- Health and safety
- Maintains and oversees work safety regulations and procedures
- Is in charge of maintaining reliable medical plan on country level, including pre-selection of medical centres, ambulances and domestic medevacs.
- Oversees procedures related to COVID-19
- Capacity Building and Training
- Works closely with key senior staff as Programs Logistics Coordinator and Finance unit heads on access and safety aspects of their operations
- Ensures relevant and timely access and safety trainings for all staff
- Minimum BSc/BA Degree in relevant fields of studies
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experiences and proven field work experience
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills.
- INGO experience is advantageous
- Good communication, coordination, time management, work under stress and deadlines
- Good written communication, information analysis and report writing skills
- Able to travel to the filed very frequently and stay in the filed as per field necessity.
- Knowledge on the assigned area
- Good team work, negotiation and influencing skills
- Command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English and spoken local languages is advantageous
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted)
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send CV and the necessary documents via following the link: APPLY-HA Coordinator(for Conflict Setting) until February 28,2021
Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
we are only accepting applicant via the above application form i.e. no application will be accepted via email
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women and Internal Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.