Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
He/she will work in accordance with the Make Way (SRH Programme) proposal including a Theory of Change and Results Framework, and international best practices. Moreover, he/she is responsible to support the M and E system of the country office by allocating 30% of his/her time.
- Lead and supervise project database development, analysis, and interpretations
- Foster close collaboration between different sector projects including monitoring stakeholders
- Advise & support program managers, coordinators as well as consultants concerning output & impact survey (Baseline, midline, & final evaluations as well as output survey) for country office
- Builds the capacity of VSO staff, volunteers, and partner of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) on participatory planning, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (PMEL) system.
- Provides Participatory PMEL-related technical support to staff, volunteers, and partner CSOs.
- Contributes to the development, contextualization, and yearly revision of the PMEL in-country plans of the Make Way programme with guidance from the consortium.
- Contributes to the setup and contextualization of an appropriate PMEL system.
- Conduct regular field monitoring for technical support to partnering Civil Society Organizations.
- Provides timely feedback on the progress of planned activities for informed decision-making.
- Communicates information obtained through PMEL activities to VSO program staff, volunteers, the other partners in the consortium, partnering CSOs and external stakeholders, to enable informed decision making.
- Prepares M&E input to project reports.
- Regularly reviews data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA degree in relevant social science fields.
- Excellent understanding of research, monitoring and evaluation approaches and methodologies (e.g., MILE).
- Practical experience in developing and applying M&E tools.
- Activity monitoring and interpretation skills
- Sufficient experience in database management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must
- Knowledge of statistical software such as STATA, SPSS, ODK is an asset
- Ability in compiling result-based progress report
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in project management as M and E officer.
- Skilled in the use and management of qualitative and quantitative data collection, participatory methodologies, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities.
- Experience and awareness of commitment to gender & social inclusion in research, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Experience of working in advocacy programmes, preferably in adolescent and youth health or SRH.
- Experienced working in emergency response, development, and refuge programs/projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convene, coordinate and communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience working with limited resources within a challenging environment.
- Able to work well with a variety of individuals in a challenging cross-cultural setting.
- Understanding of development issues and the NGO sector.
- Good understanding of capacity building and training and building of effective and efficient teams.
People with a lived experience of marginalization based on their identities (gender, race, ability, religion, ethnicity, etc.) are encouraged to apply