|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 10, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
- Ensure availability of all raw material, packaging materials and semi-finished goods materials
- Maintain stock levels of ordered materials as per the agreed stock norms
- Help in achieving the supply chain objectives of reducing working capital and supplying the demand at the lowest cost at the highest possible service
- Establish material requirements for Production Plans with the use of materials requirement planning planned orders.
- Monitor Stock levels and ensure material availability for current production requirements.
- Establish and maintain appropriate safety stock levels.
- Highlight material constraints that could impact production plans
- Communicate with suppliers on material requirement 12 month rolling forecasts on a monthly basis
- Rigorous inventory management monitoring
- Ensure management of obsolete materials
- New product introduction management i.e. phase in phase out of new stock keeping units (SKU) and old stock keeping unit (SKUs)
- Raise weekly purchase orders and call offs on time to suppliers based on planned requirements and materials requirement planning rhythm.
- Follow-up on supplier confirmation of purchase orders and shipments.
- Monitor shipments of all imported materials and take action when necessary to ensure timely arrival of material on site, thereby avoid disruption to production plans.
- Co-ordinate with internal logistics to ensure availability of all imported materials.
- Clear DCIW and own supplier statement of account.
- Establish requirements of specified packaging materials both local and imported based medium-term requirements.
- Place purchase orders and issue call offs according to production schedules.
- Liase with suppliers on rejected materials or short shipped consignments.
- Lead monthly supplier reviews and ensure minutes are shared and closed
Co-ordinate on Sourcing issues
- Co-ordinate with planners / sourcing on new raw and packaging materials.
- Provide data to establish supplier performance rating.
Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Ensure materials requirement planning and call-off procedures are followed.
- Update materials requirement planning master data.
- Obtain information on minimum order quantity (MOQ) shipping and clearance lead-times and update planning information on SAP.
Provide necessary information and maintain necessary records to enable proper control of inventory and prices
- 26-week RM PM working file
- Working Capital reports
- Critical Material Report
- Purchase Order Report
- Slow moving obsoletes stock (SLOBS) list report
- Ensure adequate controls are in place for all demand planning workstreams
- Ensure standard operating procedures (SOPS) are up to date
- Ensure you have PBS license to operate as materials planner within 90 days of starting the role.
Direct Reports Key Interfaces
- Research and Development
- Warehousing Teams
- Import Suppliers
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS FOR THE JOB
Key Skills 1. Relevant Experience
- Strong communications & negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to make fact-based decisions.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships.
- Commitment to follow through with a high level of accountability.
- Willing to work in a high-performance group and ability to adjust to a constant changing environment.
- Autonomy in decision making and ability to back up decisions with supporting documentation.
- Proven ability to work within a team.
- Ability to take initiative and use determination to achieve positive results.
- Sense of urgency
- University Degree
- High analytical skills
- Advance excel skills
- Familiar with MRP systems (SAP)
- Should have good interpersonal
STANDARDS OF LEADERSHIP
- Works from purpose for the good of others
- Always brings their best self
- Constantly curious & courageous
- Generates value in channels and customers
- Develops and magnifies the power of people
- Creates better futures for our consumers, everyday
- Inspires the energy needed to win & grow
- Financial and business acumen for Supply Chain
- Long term capacity planning
- Supply network planning
- Master production scheduling (MPS)
- Production scheduling
- Inventory Management
- S&OP: Demand and supply reconciliation and optimization
- Constrained forecast building
- Materials requirements planning (MRP) and call off
- Developing and executing SC strategy aligned to business goals
- Project Management in Supply Chain
- Master Data lifecycle management
- Innovation Project Management
- Risk, resilience and quality in Supply Chain
- Stakeholder alignment
- Sourcing Capability Assessment
- Analyze and optimize Supply Chain performance to create value
- Building awareness and driving Unilever policies and standards for sustainability
- Planning Strategies
- Customer engagement and joint business planning
- Creating the consolidated unconstrained demand plan
- Operational warehouse management
- Managing customer service performance
- Generating the baseline forecast
- Event planning and market intelligence
- Distribution planning
- Cost and Capex management
- Creating a bespoke customer experience