|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 29, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Operation Manager at MOTL/TRANSIP PIU, the successful candidate will be responsible for handling all proforma purchases and procurement of supplies and services and will work closely with Project Team under the supervision of the Operations Manager and accountable for all purchasing activity of TRANSIP/MOTL Procurement Objectives and Goals (Value Sourcing and Value for Money, Availability and Quality assurance and Timely delivery of items)
The Specific Duties and Responsibilities Will Include But not limited to the following:
- Carry out purchasing functions, including Quotation Collection, distributing requests for quotations or requests for proposals, following the delivery of items and ensuring their delivery as per the Terms and Conditions in the Purchase Order.
- Responsible for collecting quotations for all items from potential suppliers.
- Receives requests for goods and services (requisitions) and ensures their completeness/compliance before they are processed.
- Collection/delivery of goods, including adequate record-keeping and regular updating of procurement tracker.
- Ensure timely delivery of supplies and equipment to the specified locations and proactively liaise with relevant managers to clarify relevant specifications
- Responsible for the handover of all the purchased materials to TRANSIP/MOTL Storekeeper.
- Responsible to ensure materials delivered to TRANSIP/MOTL fulfill the specification stated in the purchase order.
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and before approval.
- Responsible for regularly updating supplier’ and price database.
- Responsible to provide information to line manager and procurement
- Committee on the inclusion of new suppliers and changes in the market condition. )
- Conduct purchases as per the Federal Government Implementation procurement Manual, World Bank Procurement Guideline and Ethical standards.
- Responsible to maintain copies of purchase documents for reference and procurement audit purposes.
- Responsible for customs clearance as required.
- Responsible for the issuance and follow-up of duty-free importation permission process as required.
- Jointly responsible to ensure the safe delivery of materials procured by TRANSIP/MOTL. Office.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Operations Manager.
- BA/MA/Ph.D. Degree in Procurement/Supplies Management from a recognized university and 6/4/2 years of practical experience in accounting and finance, respectively;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience and knowledge in donor financed projects and GoE procurement policies and procedures are required;
- Proficiency in application of MS software such as Word and Excel; and, Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Duration of employment for one-year contract basis, the contract will be extenuated depending on performance & availability of fund.
Quantity: 1 (One)
Salary shall be as per the salary scale of the Ministry of Finance issued for Programs /Projects implemented by the financial support of Development Partners, issued July 2021.
The application must be delivered in a written form, along with original & copies, to the address below on or before May 6, 2022, during office hours: from Monday to Thursday 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in the morning and 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM in the afternoon while on Friday 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM in the morning and 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM in the afternoon.
Ministry of Transport & Logistics
Transport Systems Improvement Project
7th floor, Room #7-5,
Churchill Street, Next to Main Post Office
Attention: Ato Kibremariam Teklegiorgis
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia