|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 18, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
At Kubik, we believe that every person should have access to a clean and affordable way of life. In many parts of the world, rapid growth is producing unmanageable amounts of plastic waste and making the cost of building unaffordable to most - we want to put an end to this.
Kubik makes low-carbon, low-cost building materials from plastic waste. Through our partnership with social enterprises, we are also creating women-led jobs in recycling and construction.
Let us build a greener, prosperous future for all. Let’s build dignity.
The individual in this role will be the owner of one of Kubik’s most important areas - the supply chain. This will include working with all of our partners (from sourcing and procurement to transportation, and manufacturing) to ensure that our product is the best in the industry. Existing supply chain experience is a must, ideally in a manufacturing context. This role will be involved in ensuring that we are set up to make the biggest possible positive impact.
- Innovates and optimizes our end to end supply chain for our launch market
- Manages sourcing, purchasing, and optimization of raw inputs to ensure efficient production
- Conducts field visits to ensure that suppliers are in adhearence with our impact framework
- Build strong relationships with our partner network, ensuring a continuous long term relationship
- Identifies and drives continuous improvement opportunities to streamline processes and improves accuracy and efficiency within operations
- Resolves process issues in day-to-day supply chain (e.g. delays in delivery, incidents)
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory
- Identifies optimal transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with at least 7 years of supply chain experience
- Experience in (Plastic) Manufacturing Supply Chain
- Based in Addis Ababa, willingness to travel
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and openly
- Fluent in Amharic, Afaan Oromo, and English
- Experience working in ambiguous work environments
- Experience creating a new supply chain from scratch
- Passionate about environmental impact and deep conviction in Kubik’s mission
- Desire to grow into strategic role and manage a team (down the road)
- Willingness to travel to various partners in our supply chain