|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare a detailed work plan as per the project document.
Facilitate a baseline survey to collect baseline data for a regular monitoring.
Prepare TOR for short term consultants.
Manage and supervise regional level project coordinators.
Take a lead in all project disbursements and expenditures in accordance with financial request to Head office and in accordance with EMA/RTSL regulations. Ensure the proper liquidation of all operational advances.
Plan and organize TOT and cascade training to Woreda level COVID 19/EPI focal and HF staffs respectively.
Provide technical advice and capacity to the project team for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities.
Ensure that all project meetings, training, travels, field visits and other project activities are in accordance with the EMA/RTSL mandate with regard to protocol established on COVID-19 or similar pandemic situations as well as local COVID 19 guidelines
Carry out project activities in a timely and quality manner in accordance with EMA and RTSL standards and requirements and in collaboration with the regional level project coordinators and Government bodies (RHB, ZHD, SCHO, WoHO, and HFs) responsible for implementation at HF level.
Organize regular monitoring visits
Prepare all narrative reports and review financial reports in accordance with EMA and RTSL requirements
Ensure that procurement activities are conducted and documented in a timely manner and according to EMA guidelines.
- evaluation and reporting
Conduct regular monitoring activities as per timeline, compile required information in a report and provide feedback and recommendation as per monitoring result and update the detailed work plan as per the monitoring result.
Provide the Program manager with regular updates, and financial reports as well as troubleshoot problems as required.
Prepare and submit a Progress Report of the project to the Program manager.
Prepare and submit an End-of-Contract report to the Program manager.
Management of project reporting through the preparation and timely submission of the various required reports, i.e., weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, as per the donor and EMA requirement.
Perform other duties assigned to him /her by the immediate supervisor.
3. Job REQUIREMENTS
4.1Education and Qualification
· MPH with minimum 5 years of experience of which 3 years in project coordination
- BSc in Public Health with a minimum of 7 years of which 4 years as project coordinator.
- MD plus MPH or MPH with minimum 5 years of experience of which 3 years in project coordination
- Prove experience in COVID 19 pandemic prevention at MOH or EPHI
- Having experience in managing different projects
Desired Criteria (An Asset)
· Experience in International, local NGO & professional association’s environment is advantageous
4.2 Competencies/ Personal attributes
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of EMA’s critical information and hence, foster trust and respect.
· Ability to work independently
· Being self-motivated and highly organized, detail-oriented.
· Being flexible and able to work well under pressure and prioritizing ability.
· Exhibit a desire to support people.
· Having strong team player skills and interest.
· Having good facilitation skills.
4.3 Required Skills & Abilities:
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Strong MS office and the ability to use new technology
· Knowledge of records management (both manual and computerized systems)
· Ability to meet deadlines according to the established timetable
· Team spirit and coordination
· Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic.
Therefore, interested candidates who fulfill the above minimum requirement are invited to send your application quoting the vacancy position within 05 consecutive days from this vacancy announced with the following details:
- 1-page covering letter
- 3 pages updated CVs,
- 1 page summary of CV through the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
N: B: - In-person application is not acceptable
For further information Tel:+251 11 552 1776/ 11554 7982