|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|November 21, 2022
|International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
This position is a key senior program coordination position and responsibility within the IMC Ethiopia country program team. He/She will directly supervise and mentor the IMC Field Office Program Managers/Coordinators and maintain the primary responsibility to oversee effective implementation of IMC’s extensive humanitarian interventions and consistent implementation of internal policies and procedures, per agreed humanitarian standards and principles. The position requires extensive coordination with the Program and Support Team (Logistics, Finance and Human Resources) in Addis to ensure effective support to the field team and enable effectively and efficient implementation of the humanitarian and emergency response programs and activities in Ethiopia.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Field Leadership and Capacity Building
Representation and Coordination
Key Working Relationship
Required Education and Qualifications
- University degree in Management, Disaster Response and Management, Economics, Sociology, Political Science or a related field.
- More than 8 years’ experience with an international NGO - managing and/or coordinating large and complex emergency response projects, including refugee settings.
- Experience working in difficult areas (refugee program operation) and demanding security situations
- Extensive non-government organization experience in relief and development, combined with academic degrees/work from accredited institutions may be considered as a substitute for a BA degree.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Extensive experience in overall program/project senior management and coordination, preferably in the health, nutrition, water-sanitation-hygiene, gender, food security and related sectors.
- Demonstrated and extensive program/project, people, and financial skills
- Ability to cope with stress; patience and flexibility.
- Ability to effectively work with government, community leaders, international/national organizations, donors, partners and other IMC relationships.
- Supportive and participatory personnel leadership style.
- Team player with an ability to train and coach staff.
- Strong leadership skills, strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office, Email and other computer applications.
- Experience with establishing strong and effective working relationships with colleagues from different backgrounds, cultures and experience.
- Experience with proactively identifying and addressing issues, and insuring effective resolution.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with colleagues in course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Atively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values