|Date Posted||December 14, 2022|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
ZOA’s programme in Ethiopia
ZOA works in several regions in Ethiopia: Gambella Regional State (field office in Gambella Town), Somali Regional State (field office in Dolo Ado and Melkadida refugee camp), Tigray Regional State (field office in Shire and Mekelle), Oromia Regional State (field office in Harar), Amhara and Addis Ababa. In Ethiopia, ZOA works with Internally Displaced People (IDPs), host populations, persons with disabilities, returnees, and a large population of refugees who fled a combination of violence and drought in Somalia, South Sudan and Eritrea.
What we offer
ZOA offers a challenging position with a lot of responsibilities. We offer good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector (including, but not limited to: medical, accident and life insurances, provident fund, training options).
Responsible to provide safe and reliable transportation for ZOA staff, partner staff, consultants, visitors and project participants. He is expected to be skilled in safe operation and maintenance of a broad range of automobiles. He should also be quite knowledgeable about the road systems in places that ZOA operates in and know the location of all partners of ZOA. The post holder is always expected to be highly security conscious as ZOA in some cases can decide to operate in conflict and post conflict areas.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Receive work assignments from the immediate supervisor
- Safely, reliably and time consciously drive ZOA staff, partner staff, consultants, visitors, project participants for ZOA business purposes
- Complete the vehicle log book after each trip and ensure travellers sign off
- Present vehicle log book at the end of each month to the transport and logistics officer
- Exercise a high-level security consciousness all the time when driving especially in the early or late hours and in unsecure areas
- Ensure vehicles are parked always in safe locations.
- Ensure assigned vehicle is in sound and operable condition
- Ensure assigned vehicles is clean at all times
- Track vehicle servicing dates and notifies timely for the immediate supervisor/operations department
- Perform minor repairs and notifies immediate supervisor/operations department if major repairs are necessary
- Complete the vehicle maintenance log
- Present vehicle maintenance log to Logistic department
- Provide a variety of routine office support services that do not interfere with his main duties
Dealing with Problems:
The incumbent should have a medium degree of problem analysis for both external and internal environments in order to propose viable solution which is in line with the organizational rules and regulations
Communications and Working Relationships:
The incumbent should have medium degree of communication English Communication skills
Your Total Rewards package at ZOA
Competitive salaries and financial security - we know how important these are to you and your family.
- Salaries that match the local market and we pay you in EUR.
- Annual salary review based on the cost of living in your location/Ethiopia.
- Annual Salary increase based on annual performance review
- Transportation allowance: ETB 1,500 for our programme field office staff, & ETB 2,000 for our country office staff per month.
- Airtime Allowance: We provide data and airtime to enable you to conduct your work outside of the office.
- we provide a closed user group so you can speak to your colleagues at no cost.
- Food Allowance: we provide lunch daily at our offices, ZOA pays 600 ETB per month and staff contribute 400 ETB per month.
- Severance payment: one month’s salary for an extra service year.
- Hardship Allowance: If you are working in identified places as a remote and hazardous by the government, you will be entitled 20-40% additional allowances of their basic salary. Therefore, we provide 40% hardship allowance to ZOA employees working in Gambella, Dollo Ado and Shire field offices.
- Transfer Allowance: We provide transfer allowance of 10,000 ETB If, in case of you permanently shift or transfer to a new programme area.
3. Paid Leave
We recognize you have priorities outside of work.
- Our flexible paid time off package gives you the flexibility you need.
- Annual Leave: 20 days of annual leave in addition to public holidays, and you are also granted one extra day for each extra full year.
- Enhanced Maternity Leave provision, 4 months
- Paternity Leave 5 working days.
- Rest and Recuperation (R&R): We provide you 5 working days for every consecutive 12 weeks of work R&R leave to unaccompanied staff who work away from their permanent place of residence to spend time with their family. Therefore, ZOA provides R&R leave for its employees who work in the program offices in Somali, Gambela, and Tigray regions.
4. InsuranceProvident Fund + Pension: : 32% (22% from ZOA and 10% from You.Life insuranceMedical Insurance: We also covers your dependents, and your medical expenditures are covered by ZOA up to 100% of each invoice, up to a defined maximum refunded amount of Br 200,000 ETB per annum.
We care about your health and wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive health package and initiatives to support your wellbeing.
- Covid-19: free vaccination and PCR test
- We have established a social committee in every region.
Learning & Development
- Professional development programme and support with funding for a relevant qualification.
- Study/exam leaves
- Training and coaching module
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in automotive or must have completed secondary education with ample experience;
- MUST have a valid driving permit/license
- MUST have over 5 years of continuous uninterrupted driving experience.
- MUST pass a road qualification test administered by the Operations Department before handling any project vehicles
Skills Specific to the Post
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Ability to act in a professional and ethical manner
- Good Communications Skill both English and local language
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and demanding workload
- Knowledgeable about the road system especially in ZOA’s areas of operation
- Knowledgeable in automobile operation and maintenance requirements
- Knowledgeable and skilled in defensive driving
- Ability to handle unexpected events on the road and the driving discourtesy of others
Physical Environment and Demands
- The job duties require an employee to bend, reach, stoop, stand and/or walk for extended periods.
- The job duties require an employee to lift, fix and/or move objects.