Accessibility Modification Construction Works
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 9, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD) is an Ethiopian Development Organization established in 2005 and reregistered at Agency for Civil Society Organizations as Ethiopian Development Civil Society Organization with Certificate № 0321 under the Proclamation № 1113/2019. ECDD is working with other organizations to promote and facilitate the inclusion of persons with disabilities and disability issues in mainstream service delivery and development programs envisioning an Inclusive Ethiopia where persons with disabilities exercise the same rights and have access to the same services and opportunities enjoyed by other citizens.
ECDD is currently implementing a project entitled “Disability Rights for an Increased Voice and Empowerment (DRIVE)” funded by the European Union and Light for the World International under the Civil Society Fund III Programme with the overall objective of improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities through the promotion of disability rights and inclusion. As part of the project, the DRIVE Project ECDD seeks to conduct accessibility modification construction work for primary schools, health centers, and polytechnic colleges located in Amhara Region, Bahir Dar City Lot A, Debre Markos City Lot B, and Gonder City Lot C. Thus, ECDD is looking for a qualified and interested bidder to construct modification works in the aforementioned public institutions, in the three cities of the Amhara Region.
The following are the requirements:
1. Contractors Licensed in GC/WWC Grade 7 and above are eligible to participate in the BID. The License should be Valid for the Year 2014 Ethiopian Calendar.
2. Bid documents will be filled, including technical documents with all necessary information, and returned to the ECDD Office.
3. A Contractor who is undertaking a construction project for the Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD) with a performance/progress of less than 80% is not eligible for this bid and Bidders cannot win more than one Lot.
4. The bidder shall seal the original and copy of the bid in separate envelopes, duly marking the envelopes as “ORIGINAL” and “COPY” as appropriate, and forward both to the Employer. Each original and copy document should have financial, and technical in a separate sealed envelope and each sealed document should be enveloped in a sealed master envelope marked Original and Copy separately and both documents enclosed in one single envelope.
5. The bidder presents the bank advice with a copy of renewed trade license, Tax Clearance Certificate, and VAT Registration Certificate.
6. The bid document can be accessed from the ethiojobs.net website, or ECDD Headquarter, or from ECDD Amhara Region Program Coordination Office in Bahir Dar City during office hours (Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM)
7. ECDD will open the BID in the presence of applicant bidders. The bid opening date will be notified to all bidders via telephone.
8. ECDD reserves the right to accept or reject any of the Bid and to reject all Bids at any time prior to the award of the contract.
9. Bidders may obtain further information from Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD), Addis Ababa.