|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 27, 2022|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Maersk is brilliant at incubating talent and for the right candidate, the opportunities are endless to grow within the organization with horizontal or vertical moves basis consistently strong performance.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade. Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
The Account Receivable Executive will report directly to the Accounts Receivable Manager. Follows up for all the payments to be applied on time and correctly, makes weekly reconciliation on the different accounts and the corresponding system balance and clearing aged outstanding items, delivers support to process and task within collection space.
- Maintain communication with GSC collection team by sending on weekly basis for the payment from the customers who has paid and when to expect payment as per the reconciled list from GSC collection team
- Prepares invoices and delivery to Ethiopia shipping line and Freighters.
- Credit Reporting and analysis/review.
- Visit the customer premises and follow up for payment for the overdue invoices.
- Ensure all request for AFR tasks closure received from CS team are done timely
- Monitor, report and escalate customers in breach of credit terms.
- Perform collections calls and assist in prioritization.
- Manage/Maintain collections for clients/cluster/BU and ensure timely
- collection of all invoice types.
- Customer queries/requests/disputes logging.
- Execute outbound telephone calls and other contact to customers.
- Disputes are identified and logged/Updated of customer data and
Required experience, skill and competencies
- Prior proven experience (at least 3 years) in a similar function or in a consulting firm
- A financial educational background as degree in Finance, Accounting or a chartered accountant qualification.
- Preferably experienced in working closely with offshore teams in service centers
- Can influence without authority
- SAP & Excel knowledge
- Strong communication
- Excellent negotiation skill
- Detail oriented & multitasking
- Preferred language - English
What We Offer
-An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterized by high pace and diversity. You will get to focus on creating valuable relations with current and new customers and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognized and well-rewarded.
-Our diverse team of passionate and dedicated colleagues are empowered and supported to grow by their leaders. We all have our customers in mind, in every action of our daily work life, and this is truly the key to reaching our target.