|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2019|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 employees in our 450 offices around the world. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resources management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech Inc. is working on USAID-Ethiopia’s Engineering Services and Construction Oversight (ESCO) project which is currently in its second phase. The project includes providing engineering services and oversight for health facilities, national blood bank service, water supply for health facilities, rural water supply and sanitation.
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking expressions of interest for an Accountant. The Accountant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Manage local spending and expenses, i.e. document all financial transactions by recording account information
- Summarize financial statements from time-to-time, as required
- Collect and evaluate quotes for purchases as required
- Prepare payroll on a monthly basis for review
- Make payments for applicable taxes to the relevant authorities
- Coordinate requests for VAT reimbursement per the established procedure
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to Office Manager.
Essential educational, experience, and competency requirements are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, administration, business, or a relevant field
- Ten years of relevant experience in accounting for donor-funded projects, preferably for USAID
- Knowledge of US government regulations for USAID direct contracts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
To be considered for evaluation, candidates must follow and submit the following:
- Indicate the title of position you are applying for on the email subject
- Cover letter (mention the position you are applying in the cover letter)
- Three professional references.
Only electronic submission of applications will be considered for evaluation. Please submit your application through ESCO2jobs@tetratech.com Applications are expected by Thursday October 31, 2019.
Tetra tech Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, and disability.