|Location||Gog Woreda, Pugnido Town, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Vacancy Number: VA_001_FY21
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center country office in Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following vacancy for its Guinea Worm Eradication Program.
Summary Job Description:
- Ascertains that all relevant documents are in place and appropriate before payment approval is made;
- Post transactions into QuickBooks or other available accounting software;
- Close monthly reports and prepare periodic financial reports;
- Codes expenses with correct budget line account and charging to the appropriate class/program;
- Prepares bank reconciliation every month and takes the necessary action to correct when needed;
- Follow-up of finance management and assure the appropriate utilization of the fund;
- Prepares the necessary financial reports for relevant government offices as needed;
- Deals with and follow up bank activities like timely transfers, deposits, withdrawals and collection of advices, cheque books and bank statements;
- Performs proper and explanatory filing system for petty cash, journal vouchers, and check transaction vouchers of the office; and
- Closes the account books and prepare audit report at the end of the fiscal year.
Terms of Employment: one year with strong possibility of extension
Required Number: 1 (One)
Qualification and Experience:
- BA degree in Accounting from a recognized university.
- Relevant experience of minimum four years in Accounting and Finance field. NGO experience is highly preferable.
- Ability to work in team and demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office, internet and proven experience in accounting software: QuickBooks, smart etc.
- Bilingual: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Amharic, English and local languages
- Willingness to travel and work in remote areas for field work
- Recommendation letter from the most recent employer
- Able to present release letter from current employer in two weeks after job offer
Deadline for all applications: Ten (10) days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
Interested applicants should submit their CV, application letter (Please indicate duty station & position applied for in the subject line), including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below.
Drop your application in person at
TCCE Gambella Regional Office
Kebele 05, Openo Village, Kella Sefer
+251 – 478-519-029
TCCE Pugnido Sub Office
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.