|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Apply accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting recording and control procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities: -
- Use appropriate Accounting system to record daily JV, PV and RV and purchases entries
- Issue billing invoices based on information from the Operational Department
- Use the appropriate Stock system to input data related to Stock movement (In and Out) and to reconcile stock inventory at the end of each month with the store keeper
- Update costing per Project (raw material, labor etc…)
- Use the appropriate Payroll system to maintain and update staff files, record overtime hours, holidays enjoyed and employees’ annual leaves.
- Reconcile the clients and suppliers balances and bank balances at the end of each month
- Sort out projects’ statement of account
- Maintain insurance files including workman compensation, vehicle etc… (issuance and expiry date)
- Prepare vehicle maintenance sheets, follow up vehicle mechanic (letters & documents)
- Calculate generator and/or electricity cost, telephone bills per user per month, etc…
- Prepare files required by Ministry of Finance
- Calculate the Social Security fees (where applicable), update labor salary template (tax and social security summary of labors), calculate Income Tax to deduct from salaries
- Update Cash Flow report; control pending receivables on monthly basis
- Issue confirmation letters for Banks, Insurance, Lawyers, clients and suppliers at year end
- Finalize VAT calculation per quarter (where applicable)
- Prepare closing and provision entries at end of each month
Key Skills Education/Training: -
- BS degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent technical degree)
- 1-2 years in the accounting/finance department
- Availability to work overtime when required at the last minute.
- Multitask, able to handle efficiently several unrelated tasks at the same time.
- Attention to details
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork player
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word & Excel); ability to learn new software
Female applicants are highly encouraged
All interested and qualified applicants may send an updated CV via
email: - firstname.lastname@example.org
You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.