|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ensure all invoices are paid within the payment terms, Oracle is accurate and release invoices that can be paid. Analyze the performance of the payment cycle and identify areas of development.
1. Processing invoices for payment which system transaction entry, getting all required documentation and getting the appropriate approvals
· Ensure invoices are submitted with supporting documents scanned and attached with the transaction entry in Oracle.
· Verify all the invoices as per the contract terms.
· Make sure that retention and performance retention (If any) has been deducted as per contract terms.
· Make sure that advance payment (if any) has been recovered from each progress payment
· For all blanket Purchase Order, make sure that all the items has been released as within the approved budget & make sure items delivered and claimed are as per the releases.
· Make sure that invoices are booked to the right accounting code.
· GRN/Services has been correctly received & matched in oracle system.
· Make sure all Invoices without purchase order are paid after approval as per DOA.
2. Supplier statement reconciliation
· Obtain supplier’s statement of account and reconcile the balance with noting major differences.
· Informing the vendor for un-reconciled differences
· Make sure Credit Notes have been correctly booked to avoid differences.
· Reporting discrepancies & vendor reconciliation status to the team leader on monthly basis.
3. Coordinating with head office to get information needed to process the invoice.
· Coordination with head office to ensure that invoices are settled within the payment term and help to obtain required information for payment justification and approval.
· Ensuring that deliverables /timesheets are approved by respective project managers
4. Responding to supplier inquires
· Respond with payment information to the supplier as quick as possible.
· Informing the vendors regarding discrepancies/missing supporting documents on timely basis to avoid payment delays.
· Follow up with suppliers to reduce payments cycle for their invoices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5-8 years’ experience
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound understanding of process and transactional flows
- Knowledge of ERP environment
- Applicants are required to send their application letter and CV via ethiojobs.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.