|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 14, 2022|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate and complete record in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ECOWISE Accounting and Financial Policies and Procedures. She/he also monitors the accuracy and completeness of program finance reports.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
▪ Assists program officers and others to comply with financial management policies and procedures of ECOWISE;
▪ Ensures monthly payroll for all staff are prepared according to policies and procedures of ECOWISE;
▪ Ensures the timely settlement of payroll tax, staff pension scheme and other obligations;
▪ Ensures that all unused official documents and vouchers of the organization are properly registered and are available in sufficient quantity;
▪ Verifies and ensures the required documentation and authorization is presented before effecting payments and encoding data into the system;
▪ Ensures that planned activities are carried out in line with the approved annual plan and budget;
▪ Processes payments which involve ensuring all payments are adequately supported by appropriate documents
▪ Ensures that the necessary format and documentation is used before and after payment is effected;
▪ Ensures all suppliers invoices and bills are paid on a timely basis;
▪ Enters all financial data into the computer/accounting system;
▪ Ensures tax and other liabilities are paid out to the relevant authorities on time;
▪ Prepares journal entries for, transfers, correction and adjustments;
▪ Reconciles bank statements with books of accounts;
▪ Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
• BA degree in accounting or related fields
• A minimum of 2 years of practical experiences on the area.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good working relationships with colleagues.
• Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure;
• Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures;
• Good knowledge of accounting software.
• Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
• Proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic is required
All ECOWISE roles require the post-holder to master ECOWISE’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with ECOWIS's vision and values