|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 27, 2022|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Come work with United Beverages Ethiopia at a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business leaders.
Responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
· Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
· Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
· Respond to all vendor payment-related inquiries
· Reconcile vendor statements, search, and correct discrepancies
· Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
· Process employee’s expenses by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks
· Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions; perform month-end closing
· Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
· Utilize computerized accounting software programs to perform duties and responsibilities.
· Being punctual and strictly following office discipline of the organization
· Keep the confidentiality of financial information
· Perform any other tasks assigned by the department
· A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is a must.
· Higher education in accounting, finance, or business is a plus.
· Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
· Previous experience in a similar position in a big corporate for at least 3 years.
· SAP experience
Required Differentiating Competencies
· Updated with International Accounting Standards
· Expertise in Accounting / Finance
· Excellent communication skills
· Outstanding analytical skills