|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 6, 2019|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Our office is looking to hire a motivated, organized, forward-thinking team member for the position of an accountant.
- Establish appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records and financial reports
- Maintain and monitor account balances and perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Post monthly journal entries including income, expense, and capital accruals
- Prepare month-end and annual financial statements
- Post and maintain cash receipts database
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Maintain records of authorizations
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Guide accounting staff by coordinating activities
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursement
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Academic Requirement: BA (Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.4 or above).
- Job Experience: minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- (Preferably in a corporate legal environment).
- Strong computing skills, including excel and experience with accounting programs required
- Must be Peachtree Proficient
Interested candidates who satisfy the provided requirements can submit their resume, credentials and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strong command of the English language is critical.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information about our office, please visit our website www.tadessekiros.com