|Location||Worabe, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
The Accountant, under the supervision of National finance manager, is responsible for overseeing preparation of payments, production receive and issues, company tax issues and additional finance projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Check existence of budget for each payment requests before payment preparation
- Prepare and Pay withholding taxes from payments in compliance with the Income Tax Proclamation
- Prepare company’s taxes payments to be settled correctly and timely
- Prepare bank payment transactions
- Handle petty cash payments and ensure compliance with internal control set out
- Submit bank instruction letters issued to the banks and follow-up their status
- Prepare cheque payment vouches and cheques for only approved fund requests on time as per agreed upon terms and conditions, if any
- Responsible to record and follow up all Goods Receiving Notes, Store Issue Vouchers and Goods Return Vouchers in excel sheet.
- Record and follow up Settable Egg receiving note from breeding and Issuance of the settable Egg to other sites.
- Ensure all costs are properly accumulated & assigned to proper stock.
- Ensure all production costs are correctly accumulated & allocated properly.
- Ensure all required purchase, issue and production documents are collected & completed before sending to HO.
- Prepare & follow up outstanding GRN, SIV, DO & purchase invoice documents & report on weekly basis.
- Follow and collect all required source documents for the site on weekly basis & report any Missed documents to cost division head HO immediately.
- Ensure regular physical count of stock of raw materials, finished goods, Vaccines Medicines and Eggs and reconcile against stock cards.
- Prepare stock and finished goods reconciliations and variances analysis
- Report slow moving and dead stocks of raw materials and finished goods
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures and other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Qualifications and Requirement
- BA Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Knowledge of Peachtree accounting
- 2 Years work experience
Please title your application with subject line: - "Accountant"
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or