|Location||Addis Abeba, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 27, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Shemu Group is a fast conglomerate company composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza PLC and other functional private limited companies with a fast growth track record. The Companies in the group engaged in manufacturing (liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), retail service providing, printing, trading and engineering. Based on this our corporate office want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post of Accountant we have.
The Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries and preparing payment vouchers, processing financial transactions, entering data into the computer, making reconciliation, preparing reports in accordance with Accounting and Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Verifies and ensures the required documentation and authorization is presented before effecting payments and encoding data into the system;
- Ensure that planned activities are carried out in line with the approved annual plan and budget;
- Process payments which involve ensuring all payments are adequately supported by appropriate documentation;
- Write checks based on the approved payment vouchers;
- Ensure that the necessary format and documentation is used before and after payment is affected;
- Ensure all suppliers invoices and bills are paid on a timely basis;
- Enters all financial data into system;
- Ensure tax and other liabilities are paid out to the relevant authorities on time;
- Prepares cash transfer letters;
- Prepares journal entries for, transfers, correction and adjustments;
- Reconciles bank statements with books of accounts;
- Files all financial documents and reports;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A. in Accounting from recognized university
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience.
Additional skills required
- Multi tasked
- Good communication skill
- Cost Conscious
- Accuracy and analytical ability
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Good skills in computer and accounting software applications (ERP)
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of working in Manufacturing company
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies in person within seven (07) consecutive working days through email stating “Application for the post in which you are applying for” in subject line through email firstname.lastname@example.org in a single pdf file attachment.
Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction will NOT be considered
HRM and OD Director