|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Chosen Generation is a nonprofit organization based in Addis Ababa working with underprivileged children and youth of Ethiopia. Our vision is to reduce children and youth poverty by supporting, providing and empowering through education, housing and primary medical care.
In partnership with local and international organizations, we also aim to build a platform for young girls to make positive choices – helping them to overcome individual barriers as they arise while adding value back into their communities.
Department: Admin and Finance
Employment type: Probationary contract eligible for permanent employment
Chosen Generation is looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and reliable accountant who is actively involved in the finance sector to join our local team to grow and facilitate the organization’s finance. As a young, fast moving organization, we accept significant execution challenges to increase our total amount of social impact that we hope to produce. We seek an individual who is excited by these challenges and comfortable building technical and operational processes to support our growth. The top line definition of this role is building an operational and managerial financial structure in Ethiopia.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Develop a standardized finance tracking tools and use them accordingly with staff and beneficiaries
- Develop, maintain, and analyze financial policies, procedures and budgets
- Prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Generate monthly financial statement and analysis
The accountant role is dedicated full time towards the responsibilities listed above but not limited and will be based in Addis Ababa. The accountant will report directly to the General Manager.
- Committed to the vision, mission and theory of change of Chosen Generation
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance
- At least one (1) year experience in accounting or related field (Experience in the non-profit sector is encouraged)
- Knowledge of accounting practices relevant to non-profit accounting
- Peachtree or similar computer-based accounting software and Microsoft Office skills
- Proficient in written and spoken Amharic and English
Are you interested? Apply!
Please fill out the application form through the link here https://forms.gle/z3pYJSLjqKVLBEnz7. We will call or email you if there is a good fit for an interview.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply