WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Assist in credit control function
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and ensure adherence to Group credit policies and procedures;
- Minimize credit exposure by reviewing new and existing customer accounts to set credit limits and credit terms;
- Prepare and circulate monthly collection targets and update Management on collections on a weekly basis;
- Prepare and circulate monthly Aged Debtors Report by cost center;
- Prepare and distribute Group monthly reports.
- Monitoring and releasing sales orders requiring credit control approval;
- Ascertain credit accounts that should be suspended from trading;
- Ensure customer queries/disputes are resolved in good time to facilitate collection of outstanding debt.
- Regular update to Credit Control Manager on current activities and key customers’ issues;
- Daily matching of customer receipts with remittance advices and updating the allocation in the customer account;
- Receive, process and file withholding VAT certificates from customers and reconcile to iTax ledger.
- Process all manual invoices into the system and ensure they are properly filed;
- Recommend legal action for delinquent customers;
- Monitor the performance of 3rd party debt collection agencies;
- Circulation of customer statements & reminder letters after 60 and 90 days;
- Regular reconciliation of customer accounts;
- Highlight to management problem accounts and recommend appropriate action.
Processing of Staff claims
- Receiving and posting of staff claims
- Circulating staff accounts statements at month end and advice to Human Resource for any recoveries of staff advances.
- Filing of customer invoices, sales contracts and credit notes;
- Deputize the Credit Control Manager during his/her absence.
- All user departmental heads
- All Ethiopia BU employees
- Ethiopia BU customers
- Management, financial or business degree from a recognized university
- Certified Credit Professional (CCP)or/ and Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 3/4 years work experience in a busy Finance office handling credit control
- Computer literacy, experience in using computer systems, Word and Excel
- Good understanding of financial accounting and business processes
- Financial and analysis acumen
- Must be a team person with a responsible approach.
- Good IT skills with excel knowledge including using pivot tables.
- Accurate worker giving attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise with personnel at all levels.
- Able to use initiative, knowledge and experience to look at improving processes rather than just following them.
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through: firstname.lastname@example.org