WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2022|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
Position: Accountant Assistant
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Assist in preparation of payments, their authorization and codes expenditure in accordance with approved budget, donor and CIP rules;
• Assist in preparation of cash forecast and advance requests for CIP Addis and project offices;
• Responsible for timely payment of travel claims, utilities, material purchase, office suppliers and sub grantees;
• Contribute to the preparation of financial reports and other reports as required;
• Support the validating and completeness of financial and contractual documents and recording transactions in the system;
• Support with the follow up of payments on behalf of subgrantees at the region, advance payments and timely liquidation of advances;
• Assist with regional project offices finance issues and partners and subgrantees as may be requested;
• Support both statutory and donor audits and respond to audit queries;
• Support the management of payments from bank account, handle petty cash collections and payments and update the register;
• Upload finance documents on the share point;
• Facilitate the procurement of goods and services as per laid down procedures;
• Ensure that the contracts for office and other services are renewed on time;
• Maintain an updated database for the fixed assets and supplies as applicable;
• Support the Admin assistant in monitoring vehicle movement for Addis Ababa and the regions and submit vehicle mileage reports;
• Performs other duties as required.
• Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Grade: HG 12
• Minimum Monthly Base Salary: Birr 26,649 (negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
• Terms of appointment: This is a National Staff (NS) position, initial appointment is fixed term for eight months with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes a very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
• Minimum BA degree in accounting and finance
• Diploma in accounting and finance
• Bachelor Degree with a minimum of two years of professional experience in accounting
Diploma in relevant field with five years of relevant experience preferably in a non-profit environment
• Experience in accounting software packages and techniques
• Fluent in official language according to country location.
• Advanced level in English.
• Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
• Accounting software packages.
• Knowledge in Statistical methods and analysis
• Knowledge in Audit and Taxation
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 26649.00|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 26649.00|