|Date Posted||August 3, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement
Professional Alliance for Development (PADet) is an indigenous, not-for-profit; a nongovernmental humanitarian organization established in 1998. It has been serving disadvantaged and marginalized segments of the community especially youth, women children in the areas of Reproductive Health HIV/AIDs Prevention and Care, Child Protection, Women Development, and Livelihood and Food Securities for the last 22 years.
Currently, PADet has a plan to implement Youth Livelihood/ employment creation project in Wagemra ( Sahila and Abergele woredas) and South Gonder ( “Tach Gayent” and “Lay Gayent” woredas) zones of Amhara Region and need to recruit qualified and competent Nominees in the following job opportunities.
Under the supervision of senior accountant, the accountant participates in recording and posting of financial data, prepare financial report to be submitted to donors and other stakeholders, assists in the preparation of financial statements and in implementing accounting systems.
- Ensure that all payments to and by the field office are effected in accordance with the guidelines,
- Conduct budget monitoring and proper utilization of funds at field program/project sites when instructed by his/her supervisor,
- Handle personnel file of staffs, project agreements with donor, agreement with government, copy of reports and other correspondences
- Prepare periodic financial reports,
- Checks and processes all cheque disbursements for the project and prepares cash payment vouchers,
- Checks all collections made by organisation’s cash receipt slip and ensures that it is deposited to the project’s bank account,
- Administer petty cash and check payment as per the policy of the organisation
- Assists project accountants at area offices in the preparation of financial reports,
- Discharge responsibilities based on monthly and quarterly action plans
- Carry out other related activities as may be assigned by the head of Finance and administration/ finance and administration officer assigned at field office
Grade level: VI
Location: field office
Report to: Senior Accountant/Program Coordinator
Education qualification, experience & skill:
- BA degree in accounting and a minim of fiver-year experience in NGOs
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft basics internet and Financial Accounting software like Peachtree and Power point);
- Enough knowledge on EU and other donors grant management & financial procedure
- Enough knowledge on international public sector accounting standard (IPSAS)
- Willingness to work in extra working hours and weekends with staffs;
- Highly motivated, self-managed
- High level commitment to achieve project goal and Objectives;
- Able to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to prepare and submit quality reports timely;
Interested applicant should send their application with updated CV and testimonial documents through our contact address within 10 consecutive days of the announcement. Only short listed applicant shall be considered for exam.
Address: Professional Alliance for Development (PADet)
Head office - Addis Ababa - P.O. Box:365, telephone 0113-694928/0989015124/0911374503
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Women & physical disable Applicants are highly encouraged to apply for all post.
Note: Use " Accountant I" as the subject line of your email !