|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Professional Alliance for Development (PADet) is an Ethiopian civil society organization which runs various developmental programs at community level in Ethiopia focusing on Reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, Child development, Women development and Livelihood promotion programs empowering vulnerable women, children and youth in North Wollo Zone, South Wollo Zone ,Awi Zone ,South Gojam - Amhara Region, North Shoa Zone - Oromia Region, Addis Ababa Special Woreda and Argobba special Woreda – Afar Region.
PADet has been working since 1998 in partnership with various International Donors, Regional Governments, National CSOs and the communities.
PADet in partnership with ActionAid and Rift valley Children and Women Development organization (RCWDO) has initiated a project entitled “Amplify Efforts for Equal Opportunity and to end VAWG” to implement in two selected districts in Amhara and Oromia regions having included advocacy measures at Macro level. EU is supporting implementation of the project.
PADet would like to hire a competent potential staff for the following positions at Head & Branch Office level
Job Summary: the job holder is responsible to record and posting of financial data, prepare financial report to be submitted to donors and other stakeholders, assist in preparation of financial statements in accordance to project agreements and policies of the organization.
- Ensure that all payments to and by the organization are effected in accordance with the guidelines.
- Maintain proper accounting systems and books of accounts
- Conduct budget monitoring and proper utilization of funds at field project site and partner organization in well organized and planned manner.
- Incorporate all PADet’s and Partners expenses on respective project budgets versus expenditure analysis and submit to the budget holder at head office
- Prepare monthly payroll, bank reconciliation, periodic financial report and facilitate budget transfer.
- Make sure that all respective partners and the field teams are complying with the EU terms and conditions
Terms of Employment: Project based and successful performance
Qualification and skills Requirement:
- BA degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years experience in related position (preferably in managing EU grant)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft basics internet and Financial Accounting software like Peachtree and Power point)
- Enough knowledge on EU and other donors grant management & financial procedure
- Enough knowledge on international public sector accounting standard (IPSAS)
Attitudes and attributes
- Conscious of government and PADet policies,
- Awareness of donors’ funding and their policies,
- Commitment to PADet, donors’ financial policies and regulations and strategic plan and management documents,
- Good communications and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to withstand pressure,
- Willingness to work in extra working hours and weekends with staffs;
- Highly motivated, self-managed and Strategic oriented;
- Able to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to prepare and submit reports timely;
Interested applicant should send their application with updated CV with supporting documents by our contact address within 10 consecutive days of the announcement. Only short-listed applicant shall be considered for exam.
Address: Professional Alliance for Development (PADet)
Head office - Addis Ababa - P.O. Box:365, telephone 0113-69 81 36