|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 2, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is an International NGO based in Italy and established with the aim of supporting Developing Countries in their effort to build up equitable, sustainable and accessible Health Systems. The mission of the Organization is to reduce the excess of mortality, in developing and emergency context, caused by lack of effective health care and to contribute to improve health outcomes among the most vulnerable groups of the population.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is working in Oromia Region, SNNP Region and Gambella Region.
CUAMM is looking for Accountant (Maternity cover) staff.
- Checks all payment documents, payment checks, etc. for budget and other related issues prior to the project manager’s approval.
- Requests fund transfer from the Head Office on time.
- Prepare monthly payroll, severance, annual bonus and other benefits.
- Review the supporting documents of all transaction and ensuring the compliancy with the financial and administrative requirement set by CUAMM and the donors.
- Collect monthly bank statement from the bank and reconcile with the book record in lotus.
- Reviewing the procurement request with the project staff
- Control the timely repayment of staff loan to coordination office.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual project financial reports as needed.
- Checks inventory and fixed asset records of the project monthly.
- Makes sure the internal control system of the organization is in place and is observed by all staff members of the project.
- Accounting Degree
- At least three years’ related experience in NGO environment
- Fluent in English and Amharic
- Perfect knowledge of Ethiopian accounting, taxation and labour rules/regulation
- Relevant experience in finance
- Relevant experience in using accounting software (Peachtree accounting)
- Relevant experience in procurement and administration procedures
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office 2010, Word and Excel Programs
Interested applicants should submit the below documents not later than 7thApril 2020 via the following email address: email@example.com
We only receive applications submitted via the above mentioned addresses as follows:
- CVs (not more than 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (not more than 1 page)
- Highest Education certificate (copy)
- References of three previous employers
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Note that applications received after the deadline shall not be considered. Please also don’t forget to mention the position you are applying for.
The Organization has the faculty to require additional documentation related to job previous experience and current employment position to the candidates