|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 5, 2022|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The accountant will be part of Finance and Operations team that aims to help improve resilience to enhance food security and inclusive economic growth for lowland pastoral communities funded by USAID. Global Communities/GC seeks to recruit an individual who is passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced in Procurement and Logistics roles.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Review advances and expense reports submitted by staff members checking for legitimacy, proper cost classification, and coding according to field chart of accounts.
- Responsible for check and transfer payments to vendors and field team on a timely basis.
- Verifies that venders’ invoices are supported by objective evidence (proper VAT Invoices, PO, Quotes, etc.) and complies with PCI and donor rules before payment
- Reviews field training payments paid by field staff according to GC’s per diem payment policy and, may travel to assist the field team making payments to training participants.
- Responsible for advance transfers to field office staff
- Assists in the collection of relevant withholding tax from vendors and issues withholding tax receipts to suppliers. Also coordinates with the field team for any relevant withholding tax collections.
- Works with finance team to assist in the process of completing vouchers with supported original documents and approvals.
- Processes the monthly payments for office utilities and subscriptions
- Entering financial data in to QuickBooks
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Department: Finance and Operations
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Direct reports: None
Contract duration: Initially for three months, with possibility of extension for additional three months based on budget availability and performance of the temporary employee
- University degree in Accounting/Finance or Management
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Previous experience in an NGO environment and/or USAID funded project is highly desirable
- Attention to detail, accuracy, analytical and presentation skills
- Good communication skills, team player, willing to work long hours when needed
- Excellent written and spoken English and Amharic
- Knowledge of accounting software,
- Proficiency in computer application software and MS Office, such as Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet
- High level of reliability and honesty