|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Update bank balances and reconcile accounts on a monthly basis.
- Request funds, as necessary, through wire transfers from the home office.
- Close accounting transactions on the last day of each month and send transaction detail to home office Finance Department, with prior approval of the Operations Manager and the Finance Manager.
- Respond promptly to home office finance/accounting questions or concerns.
- Verify vendor and subcontractor invoices and make sure all supporting documents are received and correct, monitor vendor balances.
- Issue and send payments to vendors and beneficiaries.
- Complete payroll on a monthly basis.
- Process travel advances to project staff and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Verify and process expense reports generated by project staff.
- Produce necessary financial reports for the Chief of Party and Home Office.
- Maintain electronic and hard copies of all accounting documentation.
- Update all financial transaction data daily in QuickBooks.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Work with team on expense reports and assist Finance Manager with pipeline for activities’ expenditures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in finance, accounting, or a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Expertise in accounting and financial management for a USAID or other donor-funded program.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other basic computer applications.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.