|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The African Disability Forum (ADF) is the continental membership organization of Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (DPOs) in Africa. As of March 2019, ADF membership included national DPO federations in 42 countries, 4 sub-regional DPO federations and 9 continental DPOs. The ADF Office is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and focuses on regional advocacy, communications and member organizational development and capacity-building activities.
ADF has two primary objectives:
- To unify and amplify the voice of persons with disabilities, their families and organizations in Africa at national, regional and international levels.
- To strengthen the capacity of organizations of persons with disabilities in Africa to promote the rights and inclusion of persons with disabilities and their families.
The ADF Admin and Office Assistant reports to the ADF Admin & Finance Manager and provides assistance to staff and visitors with disabilities, and assists with routine office administrative tasks.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- He/she will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist and Manage all staff contracts and ensures all staff documentation are properly filed and track staff leave
- Keep proper documentation and registration of incoming/outgoing letters
- Assist program staff in the preparation for meetings and trainings
- Provide secretarial assistance to all staff in the office
- Handling of petty cash for office running expense
- Update Social security Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Finance & Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the Finance & Admin manager of any sort of discrepancy.
- File the accounting documents and enter in the accounting software, with the support from the Finance & Admin Manager.
- Ensure all utility payments and outstanding invoices are done on timely basis.
- Arrange all travel booking and organize Pick ups from and to airport with support from Admin and Finance.
- Filing of travel documents (TARs, TER, Boarding Passes etc) and submit to Finance for payment
- Perform any other activities assigned by Finance and Admin Manager
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, management or related field of studies.
- At least 3 years with diploma and 2 years with degree experience in NGO.
- Good English speaking and writing skill
- Good knowledge of computer application skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A strong team worker
- Ability to exercise sound, mature judgment and work independently
- Aptitude to work in difficult conditions and stressful situations
- Self-motivated, creativity, flexibility and the ability to work with limited resources and to consistently meet deadlines under pressure
Interested applicants who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter through email: firstname.lastname@example.org until 20 July 2021
For more information please contact by working hour through 0921912295
ADF is an equal opportunity employer that values and appreciates diversity of employees.
Persons with Disabilities and Women are highly encouraged to apply