|Location||Gulina/Awra, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 16, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities - regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Hargelle, Elkere, Bare, Dekasuftu, Godgod, Kohle, Gorobokeksa, Guradamole and Jigjiga, Afar Regional State; Awra, Ewa & Gulina and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us
The Administration and Procurement Officer is responsible for managing staffs, handling employee grievances, managing staff benefit, Managing staff Annual leave, purchasing, transportation, stock control, warehousing, and ensuring structures are in place to monitor the flow of goods and materials. S/he coordinates utilization of vehicles, creates routes, supervises drivers, coordinates routine maintenance, and monitors proper utilization of respective budget. Besides, s/he is responsible for managing the provision of clerical, cleaning, security and other support services for a group of staff in an office or unit or the entire organization.
1. In consultation with the Senior Project Officer, the Admin and Procurement Officer handle employee grievances, disciplinary issues and other administrative problems according to IR policies and procedures and on staff rights;
2. Prepare staff annual leave plan, make ready replacements for staff going for leave in advance when applicable and help employees to go to leave as per their plan; Maintain up-to-date record of annual leave and other leaves;
3. Manage and maintain records of staff personal file, benefits including medical benefits, leave balance, anniversary increment, acting allowances etc and advice the concerned.
4. Coordinates staff development activities of project area offices to perform in-house training through different mechanisms.
5. Ensures that staff request for annual staff appraisal is sent before the year ends, follow up on timely submission of the appraisals so that employee’s contracts will be renewed or terminated at the beginning of the next budget year; and Coordinates and supervises the compilation of work performance reports of project area offices in IR.
6. Sets up sound supply chain and avails means of transport for any request and warehouse space.
7. Ensures the provision of effective and efficient logistical support services to all units and departments of the organization
8. Ensures and monitors procurements are cost effective, timely, up to expected quality level, and in compliance with IR financial as well as procurement and logistics policies and procedures.
9. Networks and communicates with government, suppliers and other stakeholders concerning logistics and procurement, shares update, proposes innovative ideas, and develops and maintain suppliers’ list; and supports the importation of goods and ensures clearance through customs and delivers goods and services for the field office
10. Ensures timely availability of vehicle for office need, maintaining the quality, cost as per the standard checklists developed and staff vehicle request are well-organized and coordinated.
11. Ensures the adherence of IR vehicle management policy, driver rules and regulation are maintained, vehicle service time and maintenance schedules are followed.
12. Ensures that IRE vehicles are properly maintained through either contracted private services or qualified agency employees and are used for official business, carrying only authorized personnel and no use of vehicles after-work hours.
13. Monitors and controls vehicles to maximize efficiency in usage of fuel and regular maintenance costs and ensures the maintenance of history jackets of vehicles as per the check list and follows up for its regular update.
14. Ensures the annual inspection of vehicles, ensures the availability of IR logo on the vehicles and on rented vehicles;
15. Provides/facilitates logistical support for staff travel arrangements during internal and external travel.
16. Reviews vehicle log sheet, periodically services vehicles at CO and project offices, and produces monthly fuel consumption report.
17. Ensures that inventory records are updated upon the arrival of new asset and reports to the Logistics Coordinator; ensures the completeness of the store records, periodically monitoring the store movements.
18. Supports for the supervision and monitoring of all field office stores, rented warehouses and stock movement activities are in compliance with IR policies and procedures.
19. Produces periodic monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well as other reports on HR and Admin maters.
20. Compiles periodic, procurement data, store inventory, logistics support report maintaining with required quality and supports periodic asset inventory.
21. Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Supply Management, Business Administration or related fields.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in related positions preferable in INGO/NGO settings.
- Strategic thinker – proven ability to translate strategic plans into action
- Decisiveness with excellent judgement
- Excellent interpersonal skills – builds good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent spoken and written English languages; and knowledge of local language and culture
- Able to plan, prioritize and organize self and others
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Ability to manage a complex and demanding workload with flexible behavior
- Must have high ethical standards and Able to plan, prioritize and organize self and others
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action
- Competence in MS Office
Interested candidates shall provide a non-returnable application dossier contains the followings:
- Application letter stating clearly the Job Title you are applying for and Duty Station; and also write the position title in your subject line for your email.
- Up-to-date CV with (Salary history; Daytime telephone number and or an e-mail address)
- Names and addresses (email and telephone) of three referee persons, at least one of them should be from the recent employer
- Photocopies of all credentials, testimonials and supporting documents;
- Closing date for application is April 30, 2020.
- Send all application through Shemsia.Seid@islamic-relief.org.et
- Due to the high volume of application, we regret that we will be able to contact only the shortlisted candidates.