|Location||Filtu, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
Description of the RIPA Programme:
Resilience in Pastoral and Agro-pastoral Areas (RIPA) is a five-year initiative (2020 – 2024), implemented by PCI, iDE and GOAL, targeting pastoral and agro pastoral communities in Borana, Guji, South Omo and Dawa. The purpose of RIPA is to improve resilience through improved food security and inclusive economic growth, it is supported by USAID in Ethiopia with a budget of $30 million.
The programme has five components, each led by a consortium member, PCI as the consortium lead have overall programme and grant management and are responsible for monitoring, evaluation and learning using USAID’s Collaboration, Adaptation & Learning (CLA) approach. The programme components are:
- Disaster risk management including access to informal financial services, PCI will lead.
- Diversified sustainable economic opportunities for people transitioning out of pastoralism, iDE will lead.
- Intensified and sustained pastoral and agro-pastoral production and marketing, water and natural resource management and access to formal financial services, GOAL will lead.
- Improved nutritional status of women and children, GOAL will lead.
- A crisis modifier to respond to sudden onset shocks while preserving development gains, PCI will manage with all partners participating.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
The Admin and Finance Officer will be responsible for the overall Financial & Human resource Management of the Somali RIPA Programme Office including but not limited to management and monitoring of monthly expenditure against budget, following up the implementation of human resource producers, rules and regulation starting from recruitment till termination of employment in liaison with HO HR and Finance unit. Coordinate the Admin and HR responsibility and facilitate the information flow and supervision in liaison with HO HR team from recruitment till termination of employment in liaison with HO HR and Finance unit.
The Admin and Finance Officer will have a functional line with HO Admin & HR and Finance team as the regional Programme Office focal person for all Admin & Finance issues. The incumbent will have a similar functional, provide technical supporting and following up roles to the Finance or the HR focal person in the zone.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· BA/Diploma in Accounting, Business Management, or related field with 2/4 years’ experience in Finance in an NGO environment
Desirable qualities, skills and competences:
· Work experience in NGO Sector
· Experience in working for an organization with significant number of staff and filed offices.
· Knowledge and application of advanced excel/Access/Data management tools
· Strong knowledge in interpretation and application of Ethiopian Labor Law and other relevant legislations relevant to HR.
· Having Training on any HR related areas
· Knowledge and application of other accounting software package, Peachtree, SUN, etc.
· Knowledge of local langue spoken in Somaligna is mandatory
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization.
GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable CV & Application Letter for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can Only apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly apply online using www.ethiojobs.net or email@example.com
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.