|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Employee Position Summary
Under the supervision of the Senior Admin & HR Officer the HR/Admin Officer provides general human resources and Admin support services for the department. He/she will be responsible for: managing the recruitment and selections process, managing the employment contracts which includes proper record keeping, for producing updated staff information including payroll data on a monthly basis for the assigned areas and assisting in all administration tasks in the department.
- Facilitates the preparation and timely completion of staff contracts for field offices staff.
- Maintains staff personal files (which should include all the required documents as per the staff file checklist) & keep all documents in each personnel file.
- Ensures assigned field offices employees has valid Employment contract on the file (which entails proper employment contract management).
· Responsible to download applications from webmail (ethiojobs), longlisting application based on the minimum requirement and provide it to the concerned technical (hiring) manager.
· Responsible to create & update staff HR data base on Cost Point regularly.
· Responsible to prepare the summary of staff contracts and lease agreement for duty stamp and follow up on the accomplishment.
- Identify vacant position, and organize assessment methods and involve in recruitment and selection process with related department members and produce all the required reports.
· Provide updated staff list for payroll preparation on monthly base.
· Ensures that all new hired staffs’ Inductions’ is scheduled and conducted with the relevant department in Addis level as well as in the field office.
· Process registration and notification of new staff, notify salary change & dependents with Pension Agency.
· Ensure staff medical claims are timely reimbursed and follow the process to submit to insurance company.
· Responsible for booking of flight ticket & accommodation for staff & visitors. Communicate the necessary section for arraignment of transport & accommodation.
· Ensure service payment for ticket, hotel and bill payments (Internet & telephone) are settled timely.
· Ensure staff air time monthly allowance are purchased & distributed to staff on a monthly base.
- Follow up and ensure that all staff files are with updated and signed JDs, and also staff performance appraisals are done in a timely manner.
- Maintains and updates leave records for all national staff and ensures monthly leave report is updated.
- Assist in implementing staff insurance policies and updates.
- Manages staff exit process which includes managing clearance, final payment, work certificate, insurance exclusions, etc.
- Produce periodic reports on the assigned area.
- Performs any other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree in Business management or HRM.
- Three years or more in INGO work experience in related field.
- Work experience in similar field working environment is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of English language, especially writing skills,
- knowledge’s for staff data management.
- Proficient in computer skills particularly Microsoft Office, especially use of Excel
- Ability to manage and priorities a varied workload and work to deadlines
- Ability to analyses and consolidate financial information
- Ability to produce and communicate clear financial reports as required
- Excellent team working skills as well as the ability to apply own initiative
- Ability to develop and enhance the existing financial systems and processes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to the humanitarian/development sector
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these standards to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and among beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net before OR on June 30, 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.