|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2022|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Admin Intern is to:
- Maintain and operate quality and efficient communication services through handling incoming outgoing calls, and e-mails correspondences.
- Assist team members in briefing administrative rules and regulations pertaining to interpretation and submission of various admin forms i.e. expense reports, timesheets, travel advance, etc.
- Receive guests and visitors, provide assistance and appropriate information and/or facilitate their visit as per schedule provided.
- Provide support in photocopying, duplicating and binding materials and other correspondence and documents to Addis staff
- Reviews and recommends procedural changes to ensure compliance with policy and improve work processes
- Give support for the setting up of the filling system and the archiving process
- Maintaining accurate and up to date contact lists of staff and clients using Excel sheet and share with your supervisor if there is a change
- Assist prepare payment requests related with travel, hotel and others and provide the necessary charging codes (fund codes, responsibility centers, and geographic codes) to finance.
- Assist agreements signed with service providers are up-to-date, readable and chronologically ordered (like systematically arranged for ease of access).
- Keep record of all Ethiopia offices with proper addresses and locations (like town, woreda, house number, the house owner name, TNS representative (lead) name and so on).
- Assist staffs in providing secretarial services in case of emergency needs.
- Receive and review the approved requisitions by fund managers’/budget holders
- Assist to prepare procurement / tender documents for RFQs/ RFPs, initiations to bid for procurement unit and co-ordination of their timely dispatch by email, messenger and in person;
- Routing copying, scanning and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents
- Maintains contact with vendors regarding orders, market conditions, and trends; coordinates purchasing from vendors
- Assist in updating procurement documents (quotes, bid analysis, evaluation, purchase order, contract, etc) into procurement database
- Assist with managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of the all documentation until the award of the contract
- Assist in preparation of updates on procurement for project team, admin, finance, and others on weekly basis
- Tracking approved PR and update its status weekly
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Assist in maintaining appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Perform other duties related field as assigned by supervisor
- Review and receive items based on purchase orders, purchase requests and invoices
- Acknowledge items physically received matches with those requested and ordered
- Always inspect items for their quality and for any tangible damages and liaise with the relevant personnel for any irregularities
- Note items that are missing or in bad condition and communicate to the Administrative Officer
- Up on issuance, register all fixed assets are recorded in fixed asset register book with the relevant custodian name, location of the assets, specifications and so on
- Ensure fixed assets have an assigned tag number affixed to it before the person takes it from admin
- Ensure fixed asset movements between individuals are up-to-date in the fixed assets register book and proper documentations filed
- Update the register after every issuance, disposal, transfer or receipts of all fixed assets
- Handle other assignments as required
- REQUIREMENTS/KEY QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 0+ year of experience with preference in office administration, bookkeeping, store/fixed assets management
- Understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- High level of organization and efficiency
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Computer skills (emails, scanning, word processing and accounting)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once for different individuals in the office
- Results focused and aware of the different challenges faced by individuals
- Culturally aware and able to speak English and Amharic fluently.
- REPORTS TO: Administrative Officer
- POSITION LOCATION: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia