|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 29, 2022|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
IFDC is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
IFDC is registered by Authority for Civil Society Organizations as International Non-Government Organization (INGO) in Ethiopia.
The overall purpose of this post is to support IFDC operations by managing all administrative and assisting the financial aspects, logistics and procurement, equipment inventory, and proper storage of organizational equipment, assets, etc.
Main Duties And Responsibilities Are
- Organize events travel arrangements for staff and assist with event planning and implementation
- Coordination of procurements by sourcing for price quotations, assisting in bid openings/evaluations, and preparation of required documentation for procurement processes
- Maintain an up-to-date asset/ inventory register and movements
- Performs physical count of inventory and monitors inventory levels and reconcile physical inventories with actual stock count and ensures all assets are tagged
- Follow up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve any problems on outstanding and overdue delivery of orders, and review supplier invoices and expense claims against procurement-related services before forwarding them for payment processing
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system for all administrative, procurement, inventory of assets and supplies
- Liaison with banks, tax authority office, Embassies, Immigration office, and other partners
- Withholding tax preparation
- Prepare Bank transfer letters, collect bank advice and monthly bank statements
- Recording request for Travel manually numbers
- Organizing external and internal meetings and workshops/ conferences and ensure run smoothly and effectively by managing invites and workshops/conference details, organizing workshops/conferences logistics, and preparing materials.
- Handling the invited guests allowance and hotel venue payments at the workshop/training.
- Act as a liaison person for ICT service providers for the office.
- Recording purchases for end of the month to support declaration for tax agent .
- Manage travel arrangements for local and international staff and other IFDC visitors including hotel room & air flight booking, car rent, processing visa application and travel insurance
- Petty cash management.
- Keep track of staff leave information and share same with HR.
- Processing staff travel Insurance, Medical Insurance with the Insurance company.
- Document scanning and photocopy support for the staff
- Other duties will be assigned by the supervisor
- A University degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related qualification. knowledge in Financial Management will be an add an advantage.
- At least two years of experience in a similar position with an international organization
- Fluent in English and Amharic
- Motivated and dynamic on the professional, willing to develop skills and grow professionally.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Computer skills including MS Office and other
- Internet skills including use of Outlooks, group messaging, and information gathering
- Numerical and literacy skills
- Well organization and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage assignments/tasks
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Teamwork-provide a team working environment to the colleague
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, attention to detail
- Good communication skills