|Location||Country Office, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 29, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative and reception assistance to Supply Chain and Administration team in county office.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
The position holder is responsible for assisting the supply chain and Admin unit in the areas of
1. Provide administration support to Admin team (50%)
• Assisting the Admin team in administrative tasks;
• Support the Admin team in filing and recording keeping of documents.
• Support the Admin team members in coordinating the submission of monthly timesheet specially for non-clerical staffs & leave balance of non-clerical staffs.
• Processing the air time allocation of the Supply Chain and Admin department, Request the PR as well as distribute to each staff.
• Support the Admin team in raising PR in related to cleaning and refreshment items, make it follow up until delivery.
• Support the Supply Chain and Admin department team members in printing, scanning and copying documents.
• Ensuring that the necessary office supplies are available and making sure that all materials are available in stock and issue, distribute and raise purchase request when it is out of stock.
• Create a physical and virtual (scanned copies) of all approved or signed agreements, minutes, directives, polices, guidelines, formats and templates. Prepare of centralized database of all active contractual agreements by gathering data from all stakeholders.
2. Provide payment settlement support (25%)
• Assist in the preparation of different payments, contractual (lease) agreements, and other correspondences as well as support in facilitation of payment request for internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist in the logistic management and set up of the internal meeting rooms when needed, check the stock of workshop and moderation material all the time.
3. Cover the Reception Desk in the absence of Admin Officer (25%)
• In the absence of Admin Officer, cover the reception desk which is follows up on urgent tasks and issues on behalf, ensuring that relevant duties and responsibilities regarding air ticket booking, hotel accommodation and other requests are completed without delay.
4. Other tasks can be assigned by the supervisors as required
• Undertakes any other assignment as advised by the immediate supervisor and head of the department
5. Compliance to Policies
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and
Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the Principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• B.A Degree in Administrative Services Management and related fields.
• O -1 Year relevant work experience required.
• A newly graduate with bachelor’s degree in relevant field and .
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (phone, fax, e-mail, internet).
• Verifiable skills using packages such as MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to draft official letters and presentations in a speedy and correct way in English.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Amharic language are mandatory.
• Trustworthiness and ability to maintaining strict confidentiality and observing data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
• Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time working in a dynamic environment.
• Recent Graduates- 2019-2021 Graduates are eligible
• B.A Degree in Administrative Services Management & related fields
• O -1 Year relevant work experience required.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• MS-Office Package
• 2019-2020 Graduates are eligible
The closing date for the application in 04 November 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.