|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 22, 2022|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable health care system through the use of data for decision making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia (as needed). The primary objectives of the Activity are to 1) support information technology systems and data repository at all levels; 2) build a culture of data use, and 3) improve capacity and governance of MOH health information systems management.
We are looking for a Data Entry Clerk who will be responsible for entering data, maintaining databases and client files, handling hard copies, scanning documents, and arranging other data-related tasks. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the smooth running of activities and compliance with JSI policies and regulations.
Specific responsibilities of the Data Encoder will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Entering customer and account data from source documents within time limits.
- Compiling, verifying accuracy, and sorting information to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Reviewing data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities, and checking output.
- Occasional travel to user sites to assess *********
- Responsible for implementing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of conduct, and adhering to JSI's polices on fraud management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Administrative, Computer, and technical ski lls.
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (IT, information systems, business, etc) is required.
- Strong representational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal English; proficiency in Amharic
- Proficiency in typing and transcription.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.