|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 23, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Médecins du Monde (MDM) is a French Non-Governmental Organization involved in humanitarian medical aid, operating in Ethiopia since 1988.
In June 2017, MdM had conducted an exploratory mission in corridor AA- Djibouti, focused on the Afar part (zone 1) on Sex Work/GBV/SGBV for 3 years project under title: “Reducing GBV against Sex Workers on AA to Djibouti Corridor focused in Afar region Zone 1. Since January 2019, the project is under implementation with the objective of engage FSWs by improving access to integrated health services, psychosocial and legal support, and basic rights. Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia and Nikat association are 2 NGO partnering with MdM in the implementation of the project.
Nikat Charitable Association is community-based NGO, first established in 2006 by FSW, registered since 2010, and based in Addis Ababa. It is composed of 200 women who are former and current FSW as members. The association is engaged in different health and income generating projects on advocating for universal access to health services, mainly HIV and sexual/reproductive health services, peer education and outreach service, advocacy for FSWs' rights, social marketing activities, information education and communication for behavioral change and fight against stigma and discriminations, fighting against GBV among FSWs, provide friendly services in DICs (during the day) primarily targeting Female sex workers (FSWs) working in hotels & bars, street FSW, waitresses and low income women. MdM – Nikat partnership is vital to engage FSW in different phases of the project for the successful implementation of planned activities.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Under the direct line of the Project Coordinator and technical link with the Administration Coordinator based in Addis, manages the administrative and finance aspects of the Nikat’s project activities in Semera.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Administration and Finance Officer are:
- Ensure compliance with financial internal controls, and ensure that transactions are processed, and assets managed in accordance with MDM’s Financial Rules and Regulations
- Encodes the expenses in an excel cash book (budget/project allocations)
- Elaborates the monthly cash forecast / Monthly Fund Advance according to the needs of Nikat main office and field staffs at Semera.
- Monitor Nikat’s budget at Semera and Addis offices
- Withdraws the necessary cash from the bank and ensure payments are done on field in accordance to MdM rules
- Prepare the financial report of Nikat project activities at field and Head office
- Checks the invoices and other supporting documents of Nikat (quality, amount, eligibility according to the signed budget plan with MdM)
- Checks and discuss fund request of Nikat before sending to MdM for transfer
- Closely supports Nikat in all admin and finance aspects.
- Support the office on audit, financial risk management and fraud prevention issue.
- Supervises the human resources of Nikat at field and addis abeba office
- Manage the day-to-day human resource, financial and administrative (including staff safety and security) functions of the office
- Oversee recruitment and appointments of Nikat staff and administer field staff entitlements and claims
Contract duration: Short term
- Graduate degree in Accounting and Finance or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 Years of experience in a similar setting for international NGO
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft office mandatory and SAGA software is a plus.
- Fluent English (oral and written) mandatory.
- Ability to work independently and in a team of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication, organizational, people management, and analytical skills.
- Strong commitment to the organization and its values
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application letter including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees through email@example.com email. If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF by writing the job title on the subject line.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Women is strongly encouraged to apply