|Location||Yabello, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Job title:||Administration and Human Resource Assistant|
|Reports to:||Assistant Area Programme Manager|
|Term of Employment:||Definite Period Contract|
|Closing date:||August 6, 2021|
GOL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
HR Officer will be responsible for the overall Human resource Management of the Regional Programme Office including but not limited to management & monitoring, following up the implementation of human resource producers, rules and regulation starting from recruitment till termination of employment in liaison with HO HR unit. HR responsibility of HR representatives as the site. Facilitate the information flow and supervision in liaison with HO HR team from recruitment till termination of employment in liaison with HO HR unit.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Ensuring that every recruitment have approved JR and revised JD is submitted with the JR.
· Ensuring that each vacancy is posted at the sites and selected areas and appropriate media.
· Processing and handling the recruitment and selection of position on grade 4 and below.
· Ensuring the type of employment is in line with the type of work, GOAL Ethiopia HR manual and /or the country law.
· Provide all documents related to payroll to HOHR in advance.
· Prepare payroll for the region and submit to HOHR for review as per the payroll timetable.
· Liaise with field level HR focal person/line managers and ensure that all supervisors submit leave plan at the beginning of a fiscal year or at the beginning of contract.
· Ensuring that other leaves such as Sick, Emergency, maternity, leave without pay and other leaves are implemented according to HR Manual and country law.
· Every month collect a status update from HR focal person to ensure that similar information is maintained in HOHR and at field site. Making sure appropriate documents are presented for Sick Leave, Marriage, Emergency, Maternity, Paternity, Special, Exam leave, etc. on time.
· Ensuring that the leave format is completed properly, recorded in timesheet as well as leave tracker.
· Arrange and provide periodical induction and orientations to staff members as well as supervisors on the employees Performance management.
· Send notifications and reminders to immediate managers to conduct performance appraisals for their subordinates as per the HR manual/ performance guideline.
· Conduct a regular or surprise field visit and submit the field visit report to HOHR.
· Familiarize self to the Timesheet Administration System and follow up with strict compliance with standard and deadline.
· Prepare timesheet according to the allocation figure and circulate for signature among staff members.
· Received field timesheet from HR representative and review the timesheet before submitting it to HOHR.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safeguarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization.
GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· Diploma/BA Degree in HRM, Business/Public Administration, Management or related field.
· with a minimum of 4 years of related work experience for Diploma holder and 2 years’ experience for BA holder
· Work experience in a related area.
· Knowledge of the local language (Afan Oromo) is advantageous
Desirable qualities, skills, and competences:
· Having experience in Finance related work and have basic financial related knowledge.
· Work experience in NGO Sector or experience in working for an organization with significant number of staff and filed offices.
· Strong knowledge in interpretation and application of Ethiopian Labor Law and other relevant legislations relevant to HR.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable CV & Application Letter for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can Only apply using the following options.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly apply online using www.ethiojobs.net or email@example.com. (The vacancy reference number along with Job Title needs to be written on subject of the email, failing to do this may lead to disqualification).
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.