|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Provide administrative, logistics and liaison support and services to program activities;
- Assist and support the program team with documentation needs, training/workshop arrangements and local/international travel;
- Provide support for organizing workshops and other events and assist in the compilation of reports;
- In consultation with the Delivery Support Manager, distribute monthly, quarterly and annual reports to stakeholders;
- Assist technical staff in the preparation of various program documents such as concept notes and proposals.
- Coordinate communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and directly interacting with clients as appropriate;
- Prepare internal and external documents for team members and partners;
- Maintain an organize filing system of paper and electronic documents;
- Arrange FSTU social function to take place outside of the workplace;
- Serve as a point of contact for the FSTU and particularly for the Director;
- Draft, edit and review circulars, internal memos, reports and letters;
- Screen and schedule appointments for the Director, Deputy Director and other Senior Management members;
- Prepare agendas and minutes of Senior Management, staff and other meetings;
- Perform general office management routines such as ordering supplies, maintaining records, etc.;
- Prepare responses to correspondences containing queries;
- Coordinate all office support services;
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality;
- Schedule meetings and stakeholder conference calls;
- Assist the Senior Management with administrative tasks and assume other related responsibilities as required.
- Maintain good communication with Regional Coordination Offices and stakeholders;
- Prioritize daily administrative tasks to ensure that planned activities are completed on time.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Proven ability to take on a variety of different tasks without becoming overwhelmed;
- Excellent work ethic;
- and strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Project Management, Secretarial Science, Office Management or related disciplines.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in providing support to projects/programs/administrative functions.
- Computer literacy – MS Office applications, web-based management information systems.
- Fluency in Amharic and English.
- Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with a possibility of extension