|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2023|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
1. Role and responsibilities
Administration Coordinator Will be responsible for all the areas of the development and day to day operation of administration systems, processes and support within CO/AO. Responsible for office premises budget, and ensure necessary availability for premises accommodation, facilities contracts review and management, maintenance, office supplies and service suppliers. Will have line management of relevant officers and assistant.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement support admin functions portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status admin reports as required.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the admin functions.
- Take overall responsibility in management of Offices, guesthouses and admin support staff in accordance to NRC policy and procedures.
- Delegated Administration budget oversight
- Be responsible of staff and visitors, visas, resident, work permit, flight bookings, transport and accommodations that will involve maintain proper documentation and doing the relevant payment reconciliation.
- Deliver administrative induction for all new staff and ensure all SOPs for office and guesthouse are developed and followed.
- Maintain an appropriate filing, retrieval and archiving system for the Office administration section.
- Ensure that the office stationary, office supplies and guesthouse supplies are order on time that involves raising purchasing requests.
- Be responsible for organizing NRC events such as seminars, meetings and workshops.
- Applying, supervising and monitoring aspects of the administration activities based on NRC policies, procedures and Country SOPs.
- Work closely with other support departments to ensure administrative support functions are implemented efficiently and cost-effectively, ensure the services provided to programs are adequate and provide related recommendations to the management.
- Be responsible for all CO lease agreement and service contracts and liaise with finance to ensure timely renewals of Agreements as well process payment of utilities, lease agreements, telephone bills, casual labors, hotel invoices, travel agency invoices, etc.
- Day to day management of the guesthouse and offices including direct supervision of cleaners, cooks and other contingent workers deployed to NRC facilities
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Amharic documents when needed
- To report all administration activities as agreed upon with the line manager.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Degree in Business Administration or similar
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Wide knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector.
- A strong administrative service orientation.
- Keen sense of compliance with policy and procedure.
- Good employer-employee contract negotiation skills.
- Personal conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Basic employee counselling skills.
- Highly confidential.
- Good computer application skills.
2. Behavioural competencies
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect