|Date Posted||October 11, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Administration & Finance Specialist
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #171/2021
Climate Sensitive Innovations for Land Management (CLM)
GIZ is implementing 3 projects in the area of influence of Arba Minch Town (SNNPR). The projects are operating in a landscape approach for the restoration of the landscape, introduction of sustainable agricultural practices, protection of natural resources and management of the Nech Sar National Park.
For the regional office in Arba Minch, GIZ is looking for an administration and finance professional to assist the 3 projects in administration and financial tasks.
Contract duration: Until June 30, 2024
- Insures that financial / accounting transactions are processed in accordance with GIZ’s rules and regulations
- Cooperates effectively with project staff at regional and federal office in Addis Ababa for smooth and timely processing of transactions
- Monitors monthly cash and expenditure planning and prepares monthly expenditures report and fund request for submission to project office(s) in Addis Ababa
- Assists and follows up on settlement of local subsidy contracts with partners in collaboration with project office
- Prepares and ensures follow up on advance payment request, checks travel expense statements for approval by superior
- Prepares and records cash and bank vouchers in GIZ accounting system WINPACCS
- Prepares monthly account closing for submission to project office including cash and bank reconciliation
- Compiles VAT documents, prepares summary for refund claim for federal office and follow-up on reimbursement
- Supports projects in administrative and logistic aspects for events: workshops, trainings, meetings etc.
- Monitors stock of stationary and other material and ensures timely replenishment
- Monitors vehicles logbooks, fuel consumption and maintenance
- Ensures maintenance of IT equipment of the office
- University degree (BA) in accounting, business administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in finance and administration
- GIZ experience (knowledge of rules & regulations, GIZ accounting software SAP, WINPACCS) is considered as additional asset
- English and Amharic (or other languages) fluency, written and spoken …
- Good working knowledge of standard computer applications such as MS Office: outlook, word, excel, Power Point
- Sound experience in accounting and financial administration
- Capability of concise and coherent reporting according to standard formats
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Result-driven and resource-oriented way of working
- Ability to communicate adequately to different target-groups
- Ability to adapt quickly and proactively to changing conditions
- Willingness to learn independently and proactively
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Administration & Finance Specialist #171/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”