|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Responsible for providing guidance on administrative services coordination and security management for the Country Office in areas related to property management, contracts administration, logistics, procurement, facilities maintenance, events management, risk assessments and other general services.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Responsible for managing the adaptation, development and implementation of organizational policies, procedures, and systems for overall administrative services, including but not limited to, procurement, transportation and security for country office.
- Serve as a focal person to the Country Office in updating laws and regulations governing NGOs administration.
- Administering issues related to the Charities and Societies Agency.
- Responsible for providing technical support and coordination of services to include procurement, inventory management and storage services.
- Lead the annual inventory taking and updating exercise
- Responsible for all contracts administration and management including facility related, property/lease agreement management, invoice/payment administration, asset lease management and administration.
- Responsible for providing technical support and oversight on administrative areas regarding organizational property (vehicles, office machines, etc.) and facilities, to include maintenance oversight/coordination, insurance administration and budget support
- Responsible for Administration services staff development through capacity building and training
- Responsible for development and management of annual administration budget.
- Closely works with the Human Resources in ensuring the regular revision of administration policies and procedures.
- Planning and coordinating administrative procedures and systems and devising ways to streamline processes. Supports operations by supervising staff; planning, organizing, and implementing administrative systems.
- Responsible for ensuring timely submission of consolidated procurement plan built from the different departments.
- Ensure departmental purchase requests are aligned to approved purchase plans previously submitted and handle purchase requests on timely basis and according to their priority.
- Responsible for establishing and updating pre-qualification of suppliers of goods and services to the organization.
- Ensure weekly procurement status report and monthly procurement dashboard is done.
- Responsible for ensuring procurement decisions are recorded and documents filed based on decisions passed by the procurement committee and approvals made thereof.
- Responsible for building Local Partner’s staff capacity in key administrative areas including procurement, logistics, fleet management etc.
- Solicits technical assistance and support of departments and the in matters requiring technical competency and decision related to procurement of goods and services as required
- Responsible for conducting regular market/price surveys to ensure the price lists for regularly purchased items are updated all the time.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new materials with attention to budgetary constraints
- Work closely with Partnership Portfolio Specialists and Local Partners in conducting area specific threat assessments and risk analysis and consult global office on proper response of mitigation measures on security situations
- Serve as security focal point and advisor to the Country Director/Office.
- Serve of the focal point to the INGO / UN security forum or meetings.
- Liaise with other stakeholders and government offices to provide a regular security and safety updates to Country Director and Senior Management.
- Develop an induction/orientation program and continuation training for new and current staff and maintain completion records.
- Provide security briefings to visitors.
- Adopt and contextualize the global safety and security plan and SOPs aligned to context and threat environment.
- Ensure that workplace safety legal requirements are met and equipment is in place and functioning.
- Facilitate or procure training as relevant for staff safety and security in addition to standing training.
- Conduct fire drills, building evacuations and tabletop exercises.
- Chair the security committee, who are accountable for oversight and compliance of security rules and procedures.
- Monitor and track staff movement.
- Respond in crisis.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- 6 years’ experience in supply chain management, general administration, operations management (including, procurement, administration, IT, logistics etc.), security management, preferably in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated prior experience in a management role including team management.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local official language. (Knowledge of more than one local language is a plus)
- Excellent understanding of office administration practices and contract negotiation
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications (spreadsheet, database, accounting operations software, property and project management software, presentation software)
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong confidentiality ethic, demonstrate flexibility, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
- College degree in business administration, supplies management, logistic management, or other disciplines. MA Degree in the fields is a plus