|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 1, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #011/2020
SURED Program- ISFM+ project
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
The Integrated Soil Fertility Management Project (ISFM+) is a component of the Sustainable Use of Rehabilitated Land for Economic Development (SURED) with a duration until 2021. It contributes to improving soil fertility, health and productivity in selected areas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray regions, while operating in 60 woredas (districts) where SLMP has implemented/completed physical soil rehabilitation measures. The proposed project promotes the integrated use of locally adapted and relevant ISFM technologies contributing to (a) increasing on-farm biomass production (b) reducing nutrient and biomass losses from the farming system and (c) improving the agronomic use efficiency of production inputs. The project aims at combining behavioral change communication strategies with farmer-acceptable and locally adapted soil fertility improvement technologies, including supply chain aspects for the sustainable supply of agricultural inputs.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Initiate, support and follow up on administrative & procurement processes
- Provide administrative, logistics, procurement and secretarial services to the ISFM+ project
- Follow up on adequate and timely supply of office material, equipment and supplies taking into account efficient costs, timely of supply and improvement of the service to different users, as per GIZ rules and regulations
- Follow up and provides updates on the status of purchased goods
- Maintain an updated database for the project’s inventory (fixed assets) and supplies and assumes responsibility for the project store
- Receive requests for services from internal and external clients, promptly prepares the required paperwork and ensures timely delivery
- Ensure that offices and facilities are maintained well and liaises with support units
- Facilitate the preparation of Local Subsidy Contracts and follow up on partner financial and technical reporting
- Coordinate and follow up on project procurement processes and other administrative issues
- Organize workshops / meetings and arrange logistics for project events
- Prepare workshop reports, training and promotional material and meeting minutes
- Perform other assignments as needed
- Excellent communication skills to handle stakeholders with different interest
- Result oriented
- Good analytical skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Good English language skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent computer skills esp. Microsoft Office;
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Proven skills in project support and administrative assistance
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Administrative Assistant #011’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.