|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Mitchel Group, Inc. (TMG), a US-based International Development organization, is the implementing partner of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Ethiopia's "Partner Liaison Security Operations (PLSO) Contract. The purpose of the PLSO is to serve as a liaison to and facilitate communications between the USAID/Ethiopia's implementing partners (IPs) and USAID/Ethiopia to enable the IPs to use and share publicly available information as a decision support mechanism. This will entail proactive engagement on the part of the PLSO, including meetings, site visits, and written communications. The PLSO will assist in the more effective delivery of U.S. Government-funded assistance, as it will enhance the IPs' ability to stay abreast of security concerns and better secure their operations so that IPs can more aptly perform and advance development objectives under their respective agreements.
This operation will be located in Ethiopia outside the US Embassy Compound. The PLSO will provide security support to USAID/Ethiopia's IPs operating throughout the country.
Specific Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Position will work under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager;
- Lead and support all administrative support functions across entire team, including sending emails, printing and scanning, drafting letters or other communications, supporting logistics were needed, and other administrative functions as required.
- The position will manage petty cash, cash reconciliations, and responsible for managing office supplies and procurement.
- Provide travel and logistics facilitation and supporting the technical teams in carrying out administrative tasks.
- Position will have a positive attitude and work productively with all team members. Superior interpersonal skills are required.
- Position will work in a fast-paced work environment and must be able to work efficiently and in a highly organized fashion. Fast typing speed and good English skills (written and oral) are critical.
Employment Term: One year with the possibility of extension Depending on the availability of Funds
Reports To: Operations Manager
Number required: One (01)
Qualifications, experience, and skills:
- University degree or other technical certification in administration, business, accounting or social science or other relevant area;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge and robust experience using MS Office applications such as WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT as well as email - outlook;
- Good verbal and written English skills;
- Excellent critical thinking and organization skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with USAID and other international NGOs is an advantage
- Fast typing skills and ability to work rapidly
Interested applicants are requested to attach a copy of their CV and cover letter indicating the Position and Duty Station and directed to email@example.com on or before Oct 30th, 2020. Senior Security Analyst position must submit two professional English writing sample.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.