|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 29, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated HR Intern (3 months with possibility extension according to needs) based in Addis Ababa.
Required number: 1
Administrative Assistant 1 provides secretarial and/or administrative support.
- Internally, interacts with staff within the delegation or headquarters.
- Externally, interacts with commercial providers.
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and adheres to its seven Fundamental Principles.
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Implements, utilizes and follows all the necessary logistics strategies, procedures, rules and regulations put in place.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Information management
- Acts as account manager in coordination with the Executive Assistant and IM Officer.
- Updates general information in local DBs and Team Space independently (telephone list, Internal extension list, emergence cards etc.…) and makes sure the manual distribution groups are up to date.
- Ensures a coherent attribution/distribution of the incoming mail/letters.
- Attributes in-coming electronic messages to the relevant persons/department from the Addis Abeba Teambox for further action.
- Provides regular trainings to all users and IM relays (or any other person in charge) and monitors the effectiveness of their acquired knowledge.
- Applies Information Management instructions and ensures compliance with procedures.
- Keeps his / her knowledge and skills up to date on standard computer technology and any emerging thematic related to his / her function. Informs users on new information management tools.
B. Secretarial Duties / Office Management
- Supports in making appointments for management with internal and external interlocutors upon request and keeps HoD, DHoD’s calendar updated with appointments.
- Screens, prioritizes, dispatches and follows up on requests, calls and correspondence; has an overview of the delegation's activities and considers its priorities and challenges when making decisions. Flags issues and delays; produces and updates timelines, schedules and other tools.
- Under the supervision of the EAIMO, manages the delegation internal and external contacts by means of ICRC-supplied tools. Supervises the updating of other units' contacts
- Initiate verbal notes, commercial and diplomatic letters for the Management and acts as focal point for ICRC protocol (providing trainings, proofreading letters from the departments).
- Sending travel requests for the management and visitors from HQ along with visa requests and follow up.
- Carries out other secretarial tasks (for example, ordering supplies/services and ensuring the required financial follow up, updating the organization charts and other lists used in the delegation and/or ensuring that it’s done by the unit in charge for).
C. Replace & Support to the main Assistant
- In the absence of Assistant and IM Officer, s/he must work in coordination with the EAIMO to fill in the gap.
- Supports the main Assistant in giving feedback each time it is requested and always keeps her updated regarding information management issues.
- In the absence of the receptionist, must manage the arriving phone calls, prepare the internal mail/pouches, updating phone lists.etc.
Treatment of information
- Be aware of the socio-political situation and keeps information up-to-date.
- Processes and follows-up all incoming information.
- Follows up of daily news/information.
- Registers and treats information (general and specific) with confidentiality and accuracy.
- University degree or professional diploma
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Very Good computer skills
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedure
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: October 8, 2021