|Date Posted||August 28, 2022|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSU) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Description Of Duties
- Assist to provide a proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports; compilation of returns on funds disbursed to the regional health bureau.
- Facilitate with follow-up of Direct Financing Corporation (DFC) returns due from the regional health Bureau.
- Facilitate processing of financial transactions and follow liquidation as appropriate. Compile support documentation of disbursements done through Direct Implementations (DI) Purchase orders and submit to central office.
- Assists with coordination of procurement of goods and services for regional office in liaison with the central Logistics unit .Compiles requests for the procurement of goods and services; acknowledge receipt of goods and services.
- Drafts correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions; or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other staff concerned.
- Ensures proper administration of physical facilities and office arrangement for team members including office equipment, furniture and supplies for WHO office at the region.
- Facilitate regional office staff members in utilizing their leave days. Monitor leave applications for Special service agreement contractors and share the information with central unit.
- Provides admin support to the team members including processing of correspondences; requisition of office supplies and inventory; Maintaining a filing system.
- Assists in the Regional (Hub) Office with logistical arrangements as necessary (i.e. hotel booking, accommodation, travel, transport, per-diem payment to external participants etc.)
- Maintains a database including contact information of counterparts, resource persons and supervisors from the regions.
- Provides administrative support to the Regional technical staff team, including arranging appointments and maintaining schedule, receiving visitors, placing and screening telephone calls and answering queries related
- Liaises with ICT central unit to facilitate the regional staff on their ICT requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work.
Essential: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent technical or commercial education, supplemented by training or certification in accounting, administration, management or related fields.
Desirable: Advanced Diploma or University Degree in Accounting, Administration, Management or related fields.
Essential: 8 years of relevant experience.
Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions in WHO or another UN agency an asset. Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
The incumbent maintains and updates proficiency in the use of modern office technology through of in-house courses, on-the-job training or self-training. He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, the cluster and WHO, to be able to brief others and explain procedures.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use Of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Knowledge of the local language in the duty station and other UN Languages would be an advantage.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 18,456 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- Duty station – Gambella
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.