|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a hero
Based in Addis Ababa, the Administrative Assistant is accountable for procedural and some specialized communications, operational and administrative support services. The incumbent will be responsible for executing a broad variety of routine tasks requiring a thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes, and policies.
How can you make a difference?
Managing Conference Booking Requests And Payments
- Ensure daily monitoring of all Conference booking requests on SharePoint.
- Thoroughly review the requests and liaise with the requester section if any additional information is required.
- Obtain a funding source before starting to send out the price quotation request.
- Ensure to maintain an updated list of hotels cleared by UNDSS.
- Sending the price quotation request to a minimum of three hotels and following up with the service providers to get the proforma on time.
- Compile the collected proforma, prepare a competitive matrix, and send it to the respective section or office for review and approval. Once approval is received, prepare a guarantee letter for confirming reservation.
- Attaching all proformas collected on “ECO Conference service request”.
- Adhere to all communications regarding the conference request, it must be within the “ECO Conference service request” platform.
- Ensuring to obtain confirmation of service arrangement from respective section, if required, approval of uncommon requests.
- Liaise the service provider immediately after the service is provided to submit the invoices.
- Send the invoice to get them certified by the focal staff of the section within 1 to 3 days once the invoice is received.
- Coordinate with the Administrative associate for issuance of MIGO or Service Entry Sheet.
- Preparing payment requests and submission to finance for finalization. Follow-up for payment finalization and notify the service provider.
Raising Purchase Requestion, Fund Commitment, and Issuing Low-value Purchase Order
- Responsible for Vendor registration process of new vendors.
- Responsible for raising Purchase requisition, Fund commitment, or Low-value PO based on a competitive matrix and as per the UNICEF’s procurement Guideline “Section 06: Low-Value Procurement.”
- Responsible for communicating the Supply section on time to issue a Contract for an approved PR for which the threshold is above USD 10,000.00.
Preparing monthly Report
- Preparation of the conference management report monthly and submitting the overviews of the report by the section, total number of the requests, canceled requests, total payments made, outstanding payments etc.
- Responsible for upload the monthly report on ETH-administrative SharePoint
Managing the Registry
- Responsible for receipt and registering of all invoices from vendors.
- Responsible for all registry related activities, sign for incoming registered or certified mail.
- Sorting incoming mail by section, location, and category.
- Keeping records of sent and incoming mail/packages.
- Collect and prepare correspondence to be mailed.
- Correct and reforward misdirected mail.
- Arrange for express delivery when needed.
- Distribute mail to sections, field offices and individuals.
- Track mailroom supplies.
- The Staff is responsible for filing and appropriately keeping all documentations and should submit them at any time when they are required for internal and external auditing purpose.
- The Staff should give support on all administration related services and accepts additional office assignments when requested.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.