|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #013/2021
The Better Migration Management II (BMM II) program aims to respond to an overall objective to improve migration management in the Horn of Africa region, and in particular to curb the trafficking of human beings and the smuggling of migrants within, though and from the Horn of Africa.
As part of the implementation of the BMM program, GIZ has a dual role both to coordinate the activities of the implementing partners based on the agreed-upon annual work plan as well as to directly implement certain activities. In furtherance of these responsibilities, GIZ works closely with government and non-government offices and officials and must maintain strong, professional relationships with many different national stakeholders in the countries of implementation.
Under the supervision of the Regional Coordinator and the Admin and Finance Team leader, Admin Assistant/ Receptionist will be responsible for:
- Liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office by providing a professional phone service, personally welcoming visitors, ensuring registration and maintaining a high standard in the reception area;
- Dealing with phone calls, ensuring incoming and outgoing calls are efficient and uninterrupted;
- Responsible for flight and taxi bookings for the BMM programme in all three offices;
- Responsible for the administrative processes and follow up involved in flight bookings; and
- Assisting with filing documents in reference files in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Answers and accepts phone calls and messages and/or forwards them timely and accurately;
- Maintains a call back list of all incoming calls which cannot be taken by the relevant staff member;
- Register, documents, and organises incoming and outgoing correspondence (including without limitation fax, general emails, packages, and personally delivered messages;
- Travel management for BMM staff and partners, this includes:
- Booking domestic and international flight tickets and ensuring all documentation is in place;
- Arranging transport services either with BMM vehicles or taxis service providers;
- Arranging accommodation for arriving staff, partners, short-term and long-term experts and other visitors;
- Follow up of settlement of flight tickets by collecting boarding passes and compiling as well as preparing documentation for settlement process in coordination with Finance team for payment in coordination; and
- Assisting visitors with other logistical issues (e.g. visa, security check, hotel, general information etc.) during their assignment in coordination with the office manager.
- Maintaining information board for duty trips and leave days;
- Ensuring that the necessary office supplies are available;
- Reporting damage on GIZ BMM property to the Office Manager, organises and monitors the service and repair of office equipment;
- Supporting the BMM staff in any other office management duty needed, such as photocopying, scanning and scans documents as needed;
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required educational qualifications, professional experience and competency
- Completion of a college education or similar;
- Certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognised college is a plus;
- At least 2 year’s professional experience in a comparable position;
- Knowledge of MS EXCEL Application.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Good working knowledge of English
- Good management and organizational skills;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management and;
- Working in multi-cultural environment.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Admin Assistant/Receptionist #013/2021’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”